Chandy announces sops for the physically challengedApril 4th, 2012 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 4 (IANS) More government jobs, free three-wheelers and easy accessibility for physically challenged people in Kerala are the latest sops that the Kerala government under Chief Minister Oommen Chandy announced Wednesday.
The state government has asked departments to immediately notify the vacancies for the physically-challenged in government jobs. “We have cleared the list till 2007 and we will clear the present list also at the earliest,” said Chandy.
“After a job, the biggest requirement for such people is their free movement. We have decided to give a three wheeler free of cost to all those who want one. The list is getting readied by the Minister of Social Welfare. All those who want a three wheeler will get one,” said Chandy.
According to rough estimates which the department has collected at the moment, the list includes about 1200 physically challenged people who have expressed their desire for a three wheeler.
“There is no last date for this scheme. We have also directed the state Public Works department to see that they make suitable arrangements for the physically challenged to come to government offices without any hazzle,” said Chandy.
He said the Centre has a scheme where they provide Rs.10,000 each to the physically challenged to buy a wheel chair.
“I met the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Mukul Wasnik and submitted the proposal. We will collect the centre’s contribution and put in the state government’s also. All physically challenged people need just apply for it,” added Chandy.
- Chandy announces welfare measures on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Kerala's Onam thanksgiving for migrants - Aug 24, 2012
- Chandy blames Air India for high fares to Middle East - Oct 03, 2011
- Chandy opens 24/7 call centre at his office - Sep 01, 2011
- Chandy seeks waiver for quick launch of Air Kerala - Sep 13, 2012
- Job hopefuls go on hunger strike on Thiru Onam - Aug 29, 2012
- Kerala doubles allowances for diaspora - Mar 28, 2012
- Kochi Startup Village to have 2,000 IT firms - Sep 18, 2012
- Chandy off to Delhi to discuss fifth berth controversy - Apr 15, 2012
- Issac terms budget development-oriented, opposition says mockery (Roundup) - Feb 10, 2011
- Antony campaigns, showers praise on Chandy government - May 29, 2012
- Kerala to offer investment options to NRKs: Chandy - May 16, 2011
- I will deal with land transfer case: Achuthanandan - Jan 12, 2012
- Italians who killed can't escape: Kerala CM (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Sops for diaspora in Kerala budget - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: april 4, chief minister, empowerment, government jobs, government offices, hazzle, kerala government, last date, mukul, oommen chandy, rough estimates, social justice, social welfare, sops, state government, suitable arrangements, three wheeler, three wheelers, vacancies, wheel chair