Chandigarh to crack down on bogus doctorsJuly 13th, 2008 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 13 (IANS) The Chandigarh administration has constituted a team of doctors to detect unregistered and unqualified doctors and prevent them from practicing in the city, an administration spokesman said here Sunday. The team has been constituted following complaints that unqualified people were practicing in the city as doctors and cheating innocent patients.
While some of the practitioners were fake, others were not registered to practice in Chandigarh. Those who possess certificates to practice from other states would also not be allowed to practice here, the spokesman added.
The administration started taking action under a central government notification of 2003 that no stream of alternative medicine other than ayurveda, sidha, unani, homoeopathy, yoga and naturopathy are recognised and anybody practicing anything other than these shall not use the term ‘Doctor’ and is not authorised to prescribe medicines.
- Yoga, homoeopathy to be integrated with healthcare in UP - Sep 17, 2012
- Ayurveda, unani to be promoted through rural health scheme - Feb 10, 2012
- Tripura awarded for tele-homoeopathy - Nov 23, 2011
- Standards for AYUSH medical colleges to be raised - May 10, 2011
- Recognise hospitals practising alternative systems: Homeopathic Congress - Dec 19, 2010
- Homeopathic drug may prevent swine flu - Jul 10, 2010
- Punjab bans advertisements by doctors - Oct 30, 2011
- Karnataka to set up yoga and naturopathy council - Feb 12, 2012
- India for global recognition of Ayurveda, Unani - Aug 08, 2012
- 80 Ayurveda colleges denied permission to admit students - Aug 24, 2012
- India wins patent dispute against China for flu medicine - Aug 06, 2010
- Medicinal plants export from India jumps 137 percent - Aug 08, 2012
- Quality certificate for ayurvedic medicines - Aug 30, 2011
- Global ayurveda summit in Kerala in March - Feb 25, 2010
- Heated debate in Lok Sabha over Indian Medical Central Council (Amendment) Bill - Aug 31, 2010