Chand Mohammed says ‘talaq’ to Fiza over phoneMarch 14th, 2009 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 14 (IANS) A terse “talaq, talaq, talaq” phone call seeking divorce is the latest twist in the controversial high profile marriage of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed with his estranged second wife Fiza alias Anuradha Bali.
Fiza told reporters here Saturday that Chand had called her up from London late Friday night and uttered “talaq” three times. He also sent her an SMS with the message to confirm that he was divorcing her, she said.
The latest drama in the Chand-Fiza love episode came just days after Chand was given a clean chit by the Punjab Police at Mohali town near here on a complaint of rape, cheating, intimidation and hurting religious sentiments filed by Fiza against him.
She said she would seek legal recourse against Chand for deserting her.
Both mysteriously disappeared in November last year and re-appeared in December after 40 days as a married couple after embracing Islam. They had changed their names from Chander Mohan and Anuradha Bali to Chand Mohammed and Fiza respectively.
He lost his job as Haryana’s high-profile deputy chief minister.
The marriage lasted hardly 40 days with Chander Mohan suddenly leaving Fiza’s house Jan 28 and not communicating with her after that.
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza from London (Lead) - Mar 14, 2009
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza to pursue legal battle against Chander Mohan - Oct 29, 2009
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Chand does another volte-face, back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Fiza approaches court for passport in new name - Jun 08, 2009
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- I will welcome Chand with shoes, says angry Fiza - Jun 01, 2009
Tags: alias, bali, chand, clean chit, deputy chief minister, friday night, intimidation, islam, jan 28, legal recourse, marriage, married couple, mohammed, mohan, phone call, punjab police, rape, religious sentiments, second wife, three times