Chand Mohammed says ‘talaq’ to Fiza from London (Lead)March 14th, 2009 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 14 (IANS) It was a divorce notice from London. Former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed sent a terse “talaq, talaq, talaq” mobile SMS to estranged second wife Fiza and called her up to repeat the message - adding another twist to their controversial marriage.
“I got an SMS from Chand on my mobile phone on Friday in which he had written ‘talaq’ three times. Immediately after that, I got a call from him and he reiterated that he has given talaq to me,” Fiza told media persons at her residence Saturday.
“He is still in London and threatened me over the phone. He said that nobody could save me after the elections. Chand admitted over the phone that his first wife Seema Bishnoi had illicit relations with his brother Kuldeep Bishnoi and that was why he wanted to leave her,” alleged Fiza alias Anuradha Bali.
This latest drama in the Chand-Fiza love episode comes just days after Chand was given a clean chit by the Punjab Police at Mohali town near here on a complaint of rape, cheating, intimidation and hurting religious sentiments filed by Fiza against him.
Fiza said: “Police are afraid of Chand’s family and they have not conducted fair investigation in the case. But I am still hopeful and will move the court in the coming days to seek legal action against Chand.
“I am continuously getting life threats from Chand’s family and I have shown enough proof of it to police, but till date no police protection has been provided to me.”
Chand and Fiza disappeared in November last year and re-appeared in December after 40 days as a married couple after embracing Islam. They had changed their names from Chander Mohan and Anuradha Bali to Chand Mohammed and Fiza respectively.
He was promptly sacked from the post of deputy chief minister.
The marriage lasted hardly 40 days with Chand suddenly leaving Fiza’s house Jan 28 and not communicating with her after that.
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Chand does another volte-face, back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
- Chand again Chander Mohan, returns to Hinduism - Jul 28, 2009
- Chand Mohammed gives talaq to Fiza - Mar 14, 2009
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Another Chand volte-face, back with Fiza (Lead) - Jun 14, 2009
- Fiza to pursue legal battle against Chander Mohan - Oct 29, 2009
Tags: alias, bali, chand, clean chit, controversial marriage, deputy chief minister, first wife, intimidation, islam, jan 28, married couple, media persons, mobile sms, mohammed, mohan, police protection, punjab police, religious sentiments, second wife, three times