Chand denies his men attacked Fiza’s house (Lead)June 16th, 2009 - 1:25 am ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), June 15 (IANS) Former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammad Monday evening denied that his supporters were behind the attack on the house of his second wife Fiza.
Refuting rumours that the attackers were known to him, Chander Mohan said: “I do not know the offenders who attacked Fiza’s house yesterday (Sunday) night. They were not my supporters and I have not called anybody to rescue me from here.”
Chander Mohan had arrived at Fiza’s residence in Mohali, adjoining Chandigarh, Sunday and apologized to her for the distress he caused her, including the talaq or divorce he SMSd from London. He was also inside the house when the attack took place.
“I had come here on my own will and I am not afraid of anybody. I have my own security to safeguard me,” he added, while addressing a press conference here at Fiza’s house.
Fiza aka Anuradha Bali told reporters here Monday, “I have not forgiven Chand till know
but very soon I would announce my decision. Right now, I am only concentrating on my forthcoming reality show and to take part in it I am leaving for Malaysia in the coming days.”
Meanwhile, police here arrested three people early Monday for creating a ruckus outside the house of Bali.
“We have registered a case against four people of whom three were arrested. Police have also impounded a Bolero car with a Haryana registration number,” Deepinder Singh, investigating officer of the case, told IANS.
He added: “Around 70 to 80 people, who had come in cars, SUV’s and motor-cycles gathered at Fiza’s house here at around 11 p.m. Seeing the sensitivity of the situation, the Mohali police had already stationed two guards outside the house but they were also thrashed badly by the mob.
“The police force reached the spot immediately once they got the information. The miscreants even fired at us and in reply police had to fire in the air in which a man of Hisar town, Haryana, was injured and later admitted to a hospital here,” said Singh.
District police chief Jatinder Singh Aulakh said: “We have deployed a police control room Gypsy car outside the residence of Anuradha Bali. In case of any emergency
our police force is ready to take the required action.”
Chander Mohan and Bali secretly got married in November last year by converting to Islam. He is already married to Seema Bishnoi and has three children with her.
Both surfaced after their marriage in Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut city in December last year. After a nearly 40-day stay together, Chander Mohan suddenly left her house and was later traced in London.
Adding drama to the controversial marriage, Chander Mohan divorced her on the phone and through SMS in February. He returned from London last week to announce that he would now return to politics, but said nothing about going back to Fiza.
He is a Congress legislator from the Kalka assembly constituency.
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza from London (Lead) - Mar 14, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Fiza to pursue legal battle against Chander Mohan - Oct 29, 2009
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza to campaign against former Haryana chief minister - Apr 21, 2009
- I will welcome Chand with shoes, says angry Fiza - Jun 01, 2009
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
Tags: anuradha, attackers, bali, chandigarh, deputy chief minister, early monday, miscreants, mohali police, mohammad, mohan, motor cycles, own security, police force, punjab, reality show, registration number, ruckus, rumours, second wife, talaq