Cell phones may cause heart disease, kidney failureDecember 31st, 2008 - 1:27 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 31 (ANI): People should stay miles away from mobile phones if theyre mindful of their health, for a new study has found that the handsets may lead to heart disease and kidney stones.
The European Research Institute for Electronic Components in Bucharest found that cell phones emit radiation, which causes red blood cells to leak hemoglobin, according to Softpedia.com.
Then, the hemoglobin then accumulates in the body that could lead to health complications including heart disease or kidney stones.
Sweden’’s Lund University researchers found that exposure to cell phone radiation could cause proteins and toxins to leak into the brain, according to Softpedia.com.
This can lead to Alzheimer’’s, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’’s, reports the New York Daily News.
Also, Softpedia.com has said that the Federation of the Electronics Industry claims that there is no conclusive proof that cell phones are a health hazard. (ANI)
- Study to examine mobile phone cancer risk - Apr 23, 2010
- Potential therapeutic target for Parkinson's, Alzheimer's identified - Mar 12, 2011
- Vitamin K2 found promising in Parkinson's treatment - May 13, 2012
- Potent new vaccine found effective against Alzheimer's - Jun 08, 2012
- Eating blueberries, blackberries 'ward off Alzheimer's, heart problems' - Dec 08, 2010
- Infrared light heals vision damaged by Parkisnon's - Aug 03, 2012
- New technique converts skin cells into brain cells - Jun 10, 2011
- New study explores why some diabetics escape complications - Jan 22, 2011
- Australia opens brain research centre - Oct 17, 2011
- A breakthrough in Alzhemier's or Parkinson's treatment? - May 07, 2012
- Culprit gene behind Alzheimer's identified - Jan 13, 2011
- Scientists convert skin cells directly into beating heart cells - Feb 01, 2011
- Cheese, milk diet vital for smarter brain - Mar 06, 2012
- Molecular 'switch' that contributes to cellular aging process identified - Dec 01, 2010
- Oxidative stress may not be all that harmful - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: bucharest, cell phone radiation, conclusive proof, electronic components, electronics industry, handsets, health complications, health hazard, heart disease, hemoglobin, kidney failure, kidney stones, lund university, multiple sclerosis, new york daily news, new york dec, red blood cells, toxins, university researchers, york daily news