CBSE starts counselling to reduce exam stressFebruary 1st, 2010 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) As the Class 10 and 12 board examinations near, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Monday started its annual counselling for students and parents to reduce stress.
“The first phase of CBSE counselling has begun from today and will continue up to April 8, 2010. The counselling will help students and parents to overcome anxiety and examination-related stress during examinations,” a CBSE spokesperson said.
The CBSE class 10 and 12 board examinations are starting March 3. Tens of thousands of students in India and abroad will sit for the exams.
Multiple modes of communication such as telephonic counselling, question-answers columns in news papers, interactive voice response system (IVRS) and online counselling through the CBSE website will reach out to more and more examinees during this phase.
This year, at least 52 principals, trained counsellors from CBSE-affiliated government and private schools, psychologists and social scientists are operating this helpline from 8 a.m up to midnight.
The counselling facility will run from locations like Delhi, Noida, Chandigarh, Meerut, Jaipur, Faridabad, Bhubaneswar, Vishakhapatnam, Jamnagar, Jabalpur, Coimbatore, Bhopal, Nagpur, Bangalore, Guwahati, Kerala, Ludhiana, Kanpur, Bhilai and Pune across India.
There are three helpline centres outside India also at Kuwait, Dubai and Doha.
Counselling for specially-abled children was started by the CBSE last year to take care of the needs and anxiety of special children. The facility is available this year also.
- CBSE opens helpline for Gulf students - Feb 02, 2010
- CBSE helpline flooded with calls as results are declared - May 23, 2011
- CBSE starts counselling for board exams - Jan 31, 2012
- Exam time: Another helpline for stressed students - Feb 10, 2012
- Helpline for students ahead of board exam results - May 23, 2012
- CBSE issues revised counsellor list for students abroad - Feb 28, 2012
- Exam time: Dial a helpline to overcome stress - Feb 06, 2012
- CBSE board students cope with last minute jitters - Feb 28, 2010
- CBSE helpline flooded with calls - May 21, 2010
- Anxious about board results? Call CBSE helpline - May 20, 2009
- Anxious about board exams? Call CBSE helpline from Sunday - Jan 31, 2009
- NGO starts helpline for CBSE students - May 15, 2011
- Online engineering entrance exam from next year - Sep 13, 2011
- Nervous about results? Call the CBSE helpline - May 20, 2010
- Eight lakh teachers register for test June 26 - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: abled, bhilai, bhubaneswar, board examinations, board of secondary education, central board of secondary education, exam stress, faridabad, guwahati, interactive voice response, interactive voice response system, ivrs, jabalpur, jamnagar, meerut, modes of communication, question answers, social scientists, vishakhapatnam, voice response system