Cat survives 190-km ride on train’s undersideJune 14th, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 14 (IANS) In a miraculous escape from death, a moggie in Britain survived by clinging on to a train’s underside during a 190-km journey.
Rail workers were stunned after discovering a frightened feline with no obvious injuries despite his non-stop trip all the way from the south coast of England to Wales, The Sun reported.
The cat, who has been christened “Thomas” after the famous fictional train, made the extraordinary three-hour ride from Southampton to Cardiff city in the Wales.
A worker at the dockyards in Cardiff found the young male moggie and called the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA). When officers visited the dockyard the nervous cat had hid himself under the rail manager’s sofa.
The moggie, who has a white tuft on his chest, was taken to the animal welfare charity’s clinic for vaccinations and a vet check-up. He is now being cared for at a cattery.
An RSPCA inspector said: “It’s an incredible story. This cat has surely used up almost all of his lives by now and it is quite unbelievable what he has gone through.”
The animal charity now wants to find the cat’s owners.
- Cat ends up in English village after 250-mile Channel hop - Dec 17, 2010
- Briton suspected of cruelty to cat surrenders - Nov 12, 2011
- Meet the moggy with a penchant for stealing knickers - Jul 09, 2010
- Recession affecting pets in Britain - Nov 13, 2011
- Feline friends can give you allergies - Dec 30, 2011
- Cat found sliced in two - Jan 13, 2011
- Cat that looks like Harry Potter baddie struggling to find new home - Feb 11, 2011
- Paltrow sells lemonade, cookies - Jul 08, 2011
- Britons held for cramming 69 animals in one house - Mar 31, 2012
- Cat survives after being shot 13 times in the head with pea rifle! - Sep 22, 2009
- Cat Ordered to do Jury Service in Boston - Jan 19, 2011
- Now, cats that glow in the dark - Sep 12, 2011
- Pammie spreads Christmas cheer by visiting UK charities - Dec 31, 2010
- Brit woman caught on camera throwing cat in wheelie bin charged - Sep 21, 2010
- Fearless cat sends alligator packing with one strike of its paw - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: animal charity, animal welfare charity, cardiff city, cattery, cruelty to animals, dockyard, dockyards, journey, june 14, moggie, prevention of cruelty to animals, rspca, sofa, south coast of england, southampton, train, tuft, vaccinations, vet check, wales