Calm returns to Hotel Oberoi in MumbaiNovember 30th, 2008 - 8:26 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Nov 30 (ANI): After two days of encounter, things appeared calm near Mumbais Oberoi Trident hotel on Sunday.
Traffic resumed on the road outside the hotel and people could be seen strolling near the luxury hotel. Workers were busy carrying out sanitation work inside the room of the hotel.
Ten terrorists had attacked Mumbai’’s two top luxury hotels, its biggest railway station and several other landmarks with grenades and assault rifles in a rampage beginning on Wednesday night.
Mumbai disaster management authorities said at least 195 people had been killed and 295 wounded. The death toll has been rising even as bodies were collected from the Trident-Oberoi hotel and the Taj Mahal Hotel — scene of another siege that ended on Friday.
The attacks struck at the heart of Mumbai, the engine room of an economic boom that has made India a favourite emerging market.
It is also home to the “Bollywood” film industry, the epitome of glamour in a country blighted by poverty. (ANI)
- Vilasrao Deshmukh visits Taj hotel - Nov 30, 2008
- Mumbai mourns terror attack victims - Nov 30, 2008
- Sarkozy pays tribute to 26/11 martyrs - Dec 07, 2010
- Deshmukh visits Mumbais Taj hotel - Dec 01, 2008
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- Mumbai remembers, prays for 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2010
- Kasab death sentence: Mumbai court to decide Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Heritage wing of Taj Mahal hotel reopens on Sunday in Mumbai - Aug 12, 2010
- Sarkozy to pay homage to 26/11 victims (Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Mumbai Trident-Oberoi Hotel to reopen on April 24 - Apr 22, 2010
- Calm returns to Mumbais Hotel Oberoi - Dec 01, 2008
- 26/11 hero glad his ayurveda treatment approved - Jul 22, 2011
- High court to decide on Kasab death sentence Feb 21 (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- 26/11, a grim reminder of our perilous neighbourhood: Antony - Nov 26, 2010
- Chidambaram pays tribute to 26/11 martyrs - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: assault rifles, bollywood film, calm returns, disaster management, economic boom, emerging market, epitome, film industry, grenades, hotel oberoi, hotel workers, luxury hotel, luxury hotels, management authorities, mumbai terror attack, oberoi hotel, railway station, sanitation work, sunday traffic, taj mahal hotel, trident hotel