Cabs service for women launched in GurgaonJune 1st, 2012 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, June 1 (IANS) A taxi service exclusively for women and families was launched in this Delhi suburb Friday. The drivers will be women trained in martial arts.
The Apra group has launched GCabs with a fleet of 125 vehicles and 35 drivers. An official said that the number of drivers would be increased in line with the demand.
The Apra group had last year launched a ‘Pink Auto’ service in Gurgaon exclusively for women.
The recent increase in crimes against women commuters in the Gurgaon area has led the company to start the taxi service. The vehicles are fitted with state-of-the-art communication and dispatch systems and GPS.
The service also provides a point-to-point sharing facility that reduces the per kilometre expenditure.
The women drivers are experienced and have been trained for the last two months in road safety and traffic rules.
The service would be available from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and will cost Rs.20 per km.
- Banks shut door on India's all-women cab service - Sep 19, 2010
- Srinagar gets radio taxi service - Aug 01, 2012
- Women-driven taxis are popular in Middle East - Mar 29, 2010
- 'Women with Drive' programme launched to mark 100th International Women's Day - Mar 08, 2011
- Games magic: Cabs with credit card machines, woman drivers - Oct 18, 2009
- Central Railway fire halts Mumbai (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Commuting by CNG driven autos, taxis to cost dearly in Mumbai - Jun 22, 2010
- Drivers trained in English for easy commuting during Games - Aug 23, 2010
- To Patna with love, from Eden bus service (Postcard from Patna) - Nov 18, 2011
- Exclusive autos for women in Gurgaon - Dec 16, 2010
- Gaurav Gera, Shweta Gulati in Bollywood musical 'Jhumroo' - Mar 21, 2012
- Autorickshaw users expect smooth ride after court order - Nov 12, 2011
- 200 low floor DTC buses launched - May 02, 2010
- Dial-an-auto soon in Maharashtra - Apr 03, 2012
- South African vehicle tracking major to enter Indian market - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: apra, art communication, auto service, cabs, commuters, crimes against women, dispatch systems, fleet, last two months, martial arts, road safety, state of the art, suburb, taxi service, traffic rules