Businessman fetches PS1m for PS20 domain name!June 26th, 2008 - 5:56 pm ICT by ANI
London , June 26 (ANI): Selling unique domain names can certainly make you a millionaire and the latest instance is of a businessman who sold the domain name www.PS.com for a whopping 1 million pounds at an auction.
Nine years ago, Richard Haigh, 32, from Nottingham , bought this domain name for a meagre 20 pounds.
This Internet address is one of only two domain names in the world with a single symbol, the other being the euro, which is expected to be grabbed by a bank at the Amsterdam sale.
“I bought it before the internet really took off and while prices for domain names were low. Whatever happens at the auction, its sale will change my life for ever, the Mirror quoted Richard, as saying.
Another domain name, www.pizza.com raked in 1.3 million pounds earlier this month. (ANI)
- Sex.com Named by Guinness as World's Most Expensive Domain Name - Feb 23, 2011
- Sex.com sets record for the most expensive domain - Feb 23, 2011
- World's most expensive website 'Sex.com' sells for $13 million! - Nov 20, 2010
- Oz web developer tries to cash in on Brisbane floods with domain name - Jan 13, 2011
- sex.com sold for $13 mn after firm goes bust - Oct 22, 2010
- Domain Sex.com sold for record $13 million - Nov 19, 2010
- Little Chinese bowl fetches $2.5 mn! - Jun 09, 2012
- First Superman comic sells for over $2 mn - Dec 01, 2011
- Britain's Royal Mail sells off undelivered items - May 16, 2011
- Forget .coms, your name alone can be an internet address - Aug 14, 2011
- Elvis Presley's memoirs to be up for grabs - Jul 26, 2010
- Prohibitive ticket prices keep Indian diaspora off Olympics opening - Jul 24, 2012
- Super Kings bag Jadeja for $2 m in IPL Auction - Feb 04, 2012
- Sex.com on the lookout for a sugar daddy with $14m in pocket! - Feb 20, 2010
- Roman bronze helmet sells for $3.6 mn - Oct 08, 2010