Britons not having sex in rainy weatherJuly 21st, 2012 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 21 (IANS) Torrential rains in Britain this summer have killed the mood for sex, says a new poll of 20,000 Britons.
Dating website MissTravel.com polled its British members on what they prefer as top holiday aphrodisiacs, the Daily Express reported.
The No.1 aphrodisiac for both women and men was sunshine. This meant they clearly wanted to avoid the rainy weather in their country.
For women, a candlelit bath and freshly laundered sheets were also important, while men preferred bikinis, oysters and lingerie.
Erotic novel “Fifty Shades of Grey” featured on both lists. Many men said they even borrowed their girlfriends’ copy.
The website also asked members how often they had sex during a week’s holiday. The average for women was five while men said six.
The survey found that at the start of the holiday, many couples had sex twice on the first night.
Website founder Brandon Wade said: “Who wants to stay in rainy Britain when they can enjoy the sunshine? Travel itself is the greatest aphrodisiac.”
- British women admit one-night stands on holidays - Jun 19, 2012
- Erotic bestseller spurs sale of fetish products - Aug 17, 2012
- Attitudes towards sex change in China - Jun 09, 2012
- 'Viagra effect' from a glass of pomegranate juice - May 04, 2012
- British women simply love porn - Jul 02, 2012
- Men want girlfriends to cover up - Aug 15, 2010
- Aphrodisiac food for jet age - Jun 05, 2010
- Recession-hit Brit men facing sex problems - Nov 19, 2010
- One in four women in UK hated their husband's marriage proposal - Mar 17, 2011
- Only some Indian women want to travel alone - Mar 28, 2012
- Men, women look differently at nude ads - Jul 17, 2011
- Carmen Electra goes topless for magazine cover - Aug 11, 2012
- Russian female activists protest corruption by stripping for calendar - Apr 09, 2011
- Forbidden art: Small band keeping erotic legacy alive (Feature) - Mar 27, 2012
- British women world's ugliest tourists - Sep 04, 2010
Tags: aphrodisiac, bikinis, british members, britons, candlelit, daily express, erotic novel, first night, having sex, lingerie, many men, new poll, oysters, rainy weather, shades of grey, sunshine travel, survey found that, torrential rains, weather london, women and men