Briton wins $98 mn lottery shareJune 9th, 2012 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 9 (IANS) A British ticket holder has won a 63.8 million pound (about $98 million) share of the EuroMillions jackpot, The Telegraph reported Saturday.
The win is the sixth time this year that a Briton has taken a slice of the jackpot and is the fifth highest EuroMillions prize ever won by anyone from the country.
The British ticket holder will share the 127 million pound jackpot with another winner from Belgium.
A spokeswoman for Camelot, lottery operator, said: “Lady Luck is clearly shining down on the UK once again with another big EuroMillions win this year.”
- Briton scoops 148-mn-pound jackpot - Aug 11, 2012
- Ticketholder in Britain wins 41 mn pound jackpot - Jan 22, 2012
- Britain's record jackpot winner to walk away with $180 mn - Oct 09, 2010
- British couple wins $88 mn lottery - Feb 15, 2010
- Belgian wins 15 mn euros in lottery - Sep 17, 2011
- Lottery cash prize winners bring misery to partners - Oct 25, 2010
- Christmas Eve luckiest day for winning lottery - Dec 24, 2010
- Brit couple beat 196 trillion to 1 odd after matching lotto numbers twice - Feb 09, 2011
- Lottery millionaire Mr Topham bans his mother from his life - Mar 05, 2012
- British couple scoop million-pound lottery with forgotten ticket - Jun 01, 2012
- Couple wins $88mn lottery, daughter says 'whatever' - Feb 16, 2010
- Winners of Spain Christmas lottery to share $5.2 mn - Dec 24, 2011
- 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches record $500 million - Mar 29, 2012
- Beijing man hits $90 mn jackpot - Jun 13, 2012
- British couple wins $260 mn jackpot - Jul 16, 2011