Briton scoops 148-mn-pound jackpotAugust 11th, 2012 - 11:23 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug (IANS) A Briton has come forward to claim the 148.7 million pounds Euromillions jackpot, making it the nation’s second largest lottery win, the Telegraph reported saturday.
The win continues a remarkable run of luck which has seen seven British winners of the Euromillions so far this year.
It is the largest prize since Colin and Chris Weir, from Largs in North Ayrshire, won 161 million pounds last July, with the difference in the exchange rate meaning this week’s jackpot is slightly less than that.
The latest winner will collect 148,656,000 pounds.
A spokesman for the National Lottery confirmed that a ticket holder had now come forward to claim the prize, but that the ticket had still to be validated before the prize money would be paid out, according to the newspaper.
- Briton wins $98 mn lottery share - Jun 09, 2012
- Ticketholder in Britain wins 41 mn pound jackpot - Jan 22, 2012
- British couple wins $260 mn jackpot - Jul 16, 2011
- Britain's record jackpot winner to walk away with $180 mn - Oct 09, 2010
- British couple wins $88 mn lottery - Feb 15, 2010
- Christmas Eve luckiest day for winning lottery - Dec 24, 2010
- 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches record $500 million - Mar 29, 2012
- Beijing man hits $90 mn jackpot - Jun 13, 2012
- Powerball winner hits jackpot and wins $230 million - Aug 11, 2011
- Mega Millions winners belong to Albany - Mar 29, 2011
- Winner still to collect $18 mn jackpot prize - Sep 16, 2010
- Lottery fever hits as 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches $540 million - Mar 30, 2012
- 336 million Powerball Jackpot ticket sold at local RI supermarket - Feb 14, 2012
- Lottery cash prize winners bring misery to partners - Oct 25, 2010
- British couple scoop million-pound lottery with forgotten ticket - Jun 01, 2012