Briton jailed for kicking stepson to deathMay 15th, 2012 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 15 (IANS) A man in Britain has been jailed for 17 years for murdering his five-year-old stepson, who was a fun-loving and naughty child.
Though Elvis Lee, 34, admitted to having kicked Tyler on the day of his death he denied murder. The court found him guilty of murdering little Tyler Whelan, The Sun reported.
Lee kicked Tyler so powerfully that the child flew two feet in the air and hit a door at his home near Peterborough city, Cambridgeshire, rupturing his abdomen. The injuries proved fatal and Tyler died in hospital.
At Cambridge Crown Court, Justice Nicol jailed Lee saying: “Tyler had been left in your care while his mother took two other children to school.
“His young life was cut tragically short. This has been a tragedy for his father, his mother and the rest of the family.”
The boy’s mother, Stephanie Whelan, 27, was found guilty of allowing the boy’s death. She will be sentenced next month.
- Man beats lover's child to death in Britain - Apr 21, 2012
- Man jailed for straightjacketing step-son - Mar 15, 2011
- Judge forgives teen rapist, blames internet porn - Jul 03, 2012
- British woman forces son to live as prisoner - Apr 22, 2012
- Son dies from drug use: Briton kills dealer, hangs himself - Jul 05, 2012
- Man jailed for forcing stepson to sleep in straitjacket - Mar 16, 2011
- Brit primary school assistant had sex 5 times with friend's 12-yr-old son - Jan 19, 2011
- UK father raped teenage daughter to have baby for infertile girlfriend - Feb 15, 2011
- Canadian court hears tape of Punjab man killing stepsons - Sep 11, 2010
- Australian gets life term for killing three sons - Oct 15, 2010
- 30-day jail for Indian student Dharun Ravi; no deportation (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Hong Kong man jailed for stomping on 3-year-old son - Jul 24, 2009
- Tyler Perry blasts Spike Lee - Apr 21, 2011
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Hungry kid eats own hair - Mar 03, 2012