British women spend over 100,000 pounds on make-upAugust 1st, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 1 (IANS) Women in Britain spend a whopping 100,000 pounds on make-up during their lifetime.
A study cited by Daily Express said that 57 percent of the women have made it clear that they would ditch their partner rather than go without their make-up collection.
As many as 2,200 women were polled for the study by natural deodorant range Bionsen.
About two-thirds of the respondents said it would cost up to 550 pounds to replace their make-up collection.
It also showed that an average British woman’s make-up drawer contains 54 different items, which are from over 12 countries.
The study found that the value of a woman’s mobile make-up bag alone is 130 pounds on an average.
- Chemical found in deodorants linked to breast cancer - Jan 13, 2012
- Average Brit woman owns 12 items of clothing that do not fit - Oct 08, 2010
- British woman's bag contains 342 pounds worth of stuff - Jun 30, 2010
- Average women spend $13k each on makeup in their lifetime - Mar 11, 2010
- Brit women spend 4yrs on phone, 9 yrs shopping - Aug 12, 2010
- So, how much does a British woman's handbag weigh? - Apr 13, 2011
- Why men may remain monogamous despite temptation - Feb 23, 2011
- Average Brit man spends 11 yrs in front of TV, 10,500 hrs in pub - Feb 27, 2011
- Women spend more on looks than health - Jan 30, 2011
- A third of women don't leave house without make-up - Jan 14, 2011
- Beauty-conscious women slap 515 chemicals on face, body every day - Nov 19, 2009
- How Brit girls' undies are giving the economy a sexy boost - May 28, 2010
- Women spend 5 days in front of the mirror each year - Oct 27, 2010
- Blonde women earn more than brunettes or redheads - Dec 28, 2010
- Average British family watches TV nine hours a day - Jul 12, 2011