British surrogate mother ‘retires’ after 10 childrenJune 30th, 2012 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 30 (IANS) Britain’s most prolific surrogate mother who gave birth to 10 children has announced her retirement from the baby business.
Jill Hawkins, 47, insists premature twins Jacob and William will be the last children she carries over her 20-year “career”, Daily Mail reported.
Her decision has been prompted by the serious complications she suffered during her pregnancy. The twins were delivered via an emergency Caesarean eight weeks early.
Jacob and William, are now in incubators in intensive care.
Friday night Hawkins, who is single, said she is ending her career as a surrogate mother.
When she had her first baby for a couple, she lied to her bosses about the pregnancy.
She invented a boyfriend and then claimed the baby had died, causing her colleagues to send her sympathy cards.
She insists being a surrogate mother is fulfilling and urges other women to consider it, according to the Mail.
- Women aged 35 'are six times more likely to suffer fertility problems' - Jan 28, 2011
- Celine Dion Gives Birth To Twin Boys - Oct 25, 2010
- Baby born with two heads in Brazil - Dec 21, 2011
- Women more likely to suffer fertility problems after 35 - Jan 28, 2011
- Chinese woman, 60, gives birth to twin girls - May 27, 2010
- Brit mum saves baby by refusing to end pregnancy on doctors' advice - Apr 11, 2011
- Celine Dion And Rene Angelil Welcome Twins - Oct 25, 2010
- Brit woman gives birth to own cousin after becoming surrogate for aunt - Apr 07, 2011
- Babies born by caesarean more likely to be obese - May 24, 2012
- After 14 miscarriages, mum finally gives birth to a healthy baby - Mar 07, 2012
- Surrogate mother miscarried Osama's twin grandchildren - Sep 13, 2010
- Kylie says she may adopt or use a surrogate mum to have baby - Feb 23, 2011
- 100 babies aborted in Britain by women not wanting multiple births - Dec 29, 2011
- Raigad woman delivers baby boy, despite huge tumours - Jul 12, 2012
- 57-yr-old becomes UK's oldest surrogate mum by giving birth to own grandson - Feb 26, 2011