British siblings reunite after 35 yearsMarch 26th, 2011 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 26 (IANS) A British brother and sister pair were reunited after over 35 years following a meeting on a dating website.
Sarah Kemp, 42, exchanged emails for three months with George Bentley, 47, but only realised they were siblings while chatting about their childhood years, the Daily Express reported.
The siblings were born in Ashford, Kent, but got separated when their mother and father split in 1975.
Sarah, who was six at the time, went with her mother to Edinburgh and George, 11, went to east London with his father.
They tried to search for each other as adults but had no luck.
Sarah said: “Can you imagine the surprise, joy and embarrassment we both felt? It was such a crazy thing. We had so much in common and really enjoyed each other’s company. It was as if we had known each other all our lives.”
Sarah travelled from Edinburgh to London to meet her brother.
- Lost siblings reunite after 35 years via dating website! - Mar 26, 2011
- Brit couple marries 30 years after saying 'I do'! - Nov 08, 2009
- Brothers reunited after 80 years - Aug 17, 2012
- After 48 years, separated siblings bump into each other by chance! - Nov 23, 2010
- Kerry Katona back in touch with her long-lost brothers via Facebook - Jan 31, 2011
- Rihanna 'has a secret family in Barbados' - Apr 16, 2011
- Is Sarah Harding back with Tom Crane? - Jul 07, 2012
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with gaiety - Aug 13, 2011
- WW II veteran meets colleague who 'died' 68 years ago! - Aug 03, 2012
- Separated 40 years ago, united on live TV - Aug 19, 2011
- Unseen portraits of Queen, Princess Margaret to go on public display for first time - Dec 30, 2010
- Anupam Kher not mourning his dad's death - Feb 13, 2012
- 'Man treated daughter like slave for 11 years' - Feb 08, 2011
- Gaga, Kinney together again? - Jun 05, 2012
- Unseen childhood portraits of the Queen to go on display next year - Dec 29, 2010
Tags: 35 years, adults, ashford kent, bentley, brother and sister, childhood years, crazy thing, daily express, dating website, east london, edinburgh, embarrassment, george bentley, kemp, london march, mother and father, siblings, sister pair, surprise, three months