British grandma assaulted by boys for a ringMay 19th, 2012 - 12:27 am ICT by IANS
London, May 18 (IANS) A grandmother in Britain was left with bruises all over her body as two schoolboys assaulted her to snatch a 20-pound ring.
Patricia Thistleton, 64, was left unconscious in a pool of blood by the boys, as young as 14, outside an off-licence in Preston, Lancashire, Daily Mail reported.
One of them snatched the silver ring from her finger as she lay bleeding after a head injury in the residential street Tuesday. Later, a passerby woman helped the lady return to her nearby flat.
The retired care worker, who has four children and eight grandchildren but lives alone, is now too afraid to move out. She said: “I can’t leave my home. I have always felt safe since I moved to Preston, but I don’t now. I’m frightened to answer my door, even if it’s the window cleaner or police.”
She said: “The ring was not worth anything but it was sentimental — it was a gift from a close friend.”
“There was no need to smash my face in the way they did. They must have hit me because I wouldn’t be like this just from falling over. It will take me a long time to recover from this,” said the old lady.
- MJ's mother missing? - Jul 23, 2012
- Gaga shows off bruises post pole mishap - Jun 13, 2012
- Welsh gran, 103, is world's oldest Facebooker who uses iPad for updates - Dec 16, 2010
- Woman finds porn in computer she bought for kids - Nov 13, 2011
- Jade Goody's mum recalls her attempted suicide - Jan 10, 2011
- US police search for Michael Jackson's missing mom (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Katherine Jackson says she was on short vacation - Jul 27, 2012
- US great-great-grandmother named world's oldest living person at 114 - Mar 11, 2011
- I wasn't a good mother: Jane Fonda - Jan 05, 2011
- I'll probably be an unbearable grandmother, says Hillary Clinton - Feb 16, 2011
- Adele's dad begs for forgiveness - Jul 16, 2012
- No arrest so far in teen burning case; mother 'inconsolable' - May 17, 2012
- Cher opens up on how her mom, grandmother influences her life - Dec 27, 2010
- Violin from Titanic band found - Jan 31, 2012
- Jilted wife goes berserk against rival's mother - Aug 01, 2012