Britain’s fattest woman diesJuly 26th, 2010 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 26 (IANS) Britain’s fattest woman has died from a heart attack after her family smuggled takeaways and junk food into her hospital room, a media report said Monday.
Junk food addict Sharon Mevsimler, 40, weighed about 285 kg and needed an oxygen mask due to the strain her weight put on her heart and lungs, Daily Mail reported on its website.
But witnesses at Broomfield Hospital - where she had been a patient for two months - said relatives brought in fish and chips and family-sized buckets of fried chicken to the mother-of-four.
Mevsimler, whose husband Bulent gave up his job as a chef to look after her, died at the weekend.
The mother-of-four, who was just five feet tall, had received 24-hour care since 2005. She had begun to comfort eat after suffering severe post-natal depression.
Doctors told her she had just months to live in 2007 because of her size - then about 266 kg.
Mevsimler said earlier this month: “I have been left to die. If I was anorexic I would get proper help but no one has sympathy for obese people.”
She had been confined to a specially strengthened bed at the hospital in Chelmsford. The hospital has refused to comment.
- Britain's fattest woman claims she's been left to die - Jul 15, 2010
- Britain's fattest woman dies in hospital - Jul 26, 2010
- At 330 kg, British teenager would secretly gobble food - Jun 03, 2012
- Britain's fattest woman weighs 254 kg - Feb 16, 2012
- World's fattest man undergoes life-saving surgery - Jan 17, 2010
- Toddler drowns in bucket - Apr 27, 2011
- Fat lady seeks government aid for medical bill - Mar 27, 2012
- 70st Brit man being starved to lose 20 stones of his weight - Jan 30, 2010
- Stinking of rotten fish, woman took 10 showers a day - Apr 17, 2012
- Ex-Man City star's wife was 'killed' by routine liposuction surgery, inquest told - Mar 08, 2011
- Paltrow felt like a 'zombie' after suffering from post-natal depression - Jan 05, 2011
- Jaipur toddler drowns in bucket of water - May 15, 2012
- Georgia Davis is Britain's fattest teenager - Feb 22, 2011
- Rare surgery saves 12-day-old infant in Punjab - Sep 21, 2011
- Fish oil in pregnancy doesn't boost baby's brain power - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: buckets, doctors, fattest woman, fish and chips, five feet, fried chicken, heart attack, job, junk food addict, kg, london, lungs, oxygen mask, post natal depression, relatives, sharon mevsimler, sympathy, takeaways