Botox can actually cause wrinklesMay 11th, 2010 - 5:03 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 11 (ANI): Botox, known as the perfect solution to get rid of signs of ageing, can actually cause extra wrinkles.
Botox is a toxin injected under the skin, which paralyses facial muscles, smoothing lines and wrinkles.
Dr Becker, an assistant professor of dermatology at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York, suggested that muscle groups that have not been injected with Botox will still find a way to make expressions, leading to more lines.
“Paralysis of a set of muscles might lead to recruitment of other muscle groups in an attempt to reproduce the conditioned activity being blocked - resulting in more prominent muscle activity in adjacent regions,” News.com.au quoted Becker as ssaying.
Women who have had Botox injections typically have lines across the bridge of the nose.
Celebrities Amanda Holden, Kylie Minogue, and Dannii Minogue reportedly have these lines.
The study has been published in The Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. (ANI)
- Beauty cream with bee stings in great demand - Dec 29, 2011
- Botox research shows 'smiling actually increases your happiness' - Jun 24, 2010
- US teenagers get 12,000 botox jabs in a year - Aug 13, 2010
- Botox paralyzes your emotions, too - Jun 27, 2010
- Aussies as young as 20 turning to Botox - Apr 29, 2010
- Botox found to ease excruciating nerve pain - Jun 11, 2010
- Could Botox get rid of cold sores? - Nov 23, 2010
- Botox may help reduce 'eye-popping' migraine headaches - Feb 16, 2010
- Dracula therapy: Fighting ageing with your own blood - Nov 16, 2011
- 'Bunny lines' can reveal if a person has had Botox - Oct 15, 2009
- Botox jabs 'cause muscles to waste away into fat' - Dec 04, 2010
- Botox may help keep anger, sadness at bay - Feb 10, 2010
- Botox jabs can ease tennis elbow pain - Apr 27, 2010
- Forever young - more men opting for Botox - Oct 25, 2010
- Kylie Minogue to sing with sister? - Feb 23, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,