Bob Irwin receives $1m retirement packageApril 10th, 2008 - 3:43 pm ICT by admin
Melbourne, Apr 10 (ANI): Late Steve Irwins father Bob Irwin will be receiving a 1-million-dollar retirement package following his split from Queensland zoo he founded.
According to ABC, Bob will be getting an annual pension of about 100,000 dollars, reports News.com.au.
The statement released by Australia zoo read, Mr Irwin has retired from Australia Zoo to a home on a 255ha property near Kingaroy, also part of the package, along with two vehicles and a bulldozer.
Bob said that he would be carrying on the Crocodile Hunter’s conservation work on his new property.
In an interview to ABC, Bob had revealed that there were various disagreements between him and the zoo management, which forced him to part ways with the zoo.
“The problem I had was that the management and I didn’t agree on certain aspects of Australia Zoo after Steve’s passing because most times I went into Australia Zoo, I would have a different sort of opinion with somebody or I may have an idea and it would not be listened to,” he said.
“(They were) fairly minor things on their own but I just felt that it was better for everybody concerned if I left Australia Zoo and (my wife) Judy and I and all our friends were able to continue Steve’s work the way I believe it should be done,” he added. (ANI)
- Slash launches wildlife charity - Aug 24, 2012
- Irwins rift deepens over Australian zoo - Sep 30, 2008
- Crocodiles ride ocean currents to cross large areas of open sea - Jun 08, 2010
- Crocodile hunter hid pain and suffering, says father - Apr 07, 2008
- Steve Irwins father quits his Australia Zoo - Mar 03, 2008
- Steve hid pain and suffering behind bubbly persona: Bob Irvin - Apr 07, 2008
- Russell Crowe fighting to save Steve Irwin's reserve from mining - Apr 20, 2009
- Crocodile Hunter's daughter, 11, wants to become Australia's PM - May 23, 2010
- Bindi Irwin to make movie debut in Free Willy 4 - Mar 21, 2009
- Steve Irwin zoo to continue fight against ''eco vandalism'' - Sep 04, 2008
- Oprah Winfrey offered to buy Steve Irwin statue - Apr 10, 2009
- Huge pet crocodile seized in Mexico - Feb 10, 2012
- Bull sharks spotted swimming down flooded main streets in Oz - Jan 14, 2011
- Terry Irwin selling Australia Zoo to relocate to the US? - Mar 17, 2008
- Bob Irwin explains his departure from Australia Zoo - Apr 03, 2008
Tags: 1 million, 1m, abc, australia zoo, bulldozer, conservation work, crocodile, crocodile hunter, disagreements, father bob, melbourne, news com au, queensland zoo, retirement package, steve irwins, wife judy, zoo management