BJP National Executive to discuss general election strategy in NagpurFebruary 5th, 2009 - 2:59 pm ICT by ANI
Nagpur, Feb 5 (ANI): The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) National Executive and National Council will discuss effective strategies to defeat the Congress in the coming Lok Sabha elections from February 6-8.
While the National Executive of the party will be held tomorrow, the two-day National Council will meet on Saturday and Sunday. About 200 and over 5,000 delegates are expected to attend the two events respectively.
“The three-day meet would be a session dedicated to give directions to the party rank and file for the final Lok Sabha polls preparation,” BJP Vice-President Muqtar Abbas Naqvi said.
The National Council would be attended by representatives right from the panchayat level, and for the first time, elected block level leaders have been called. All ”morchas” and cells will also attend the conclave, Naqvi added.
The meetings are being held in Nagpur, the headquarters of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), which is regarded as the BJP’’s mentor. (ANI)
- BJP national executive to discuss general election strategy in Nagpur today - Feb 06, 2009
- BJP brain-storming meet on in Agra - Aug 05, 2012
- Modi needs to review style of working: RSS mouthpiece (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- BJP: A divided house despite patch-up moves - May 26, 2012
- Advani hints he may not be PM candidate in 2014 - Sep 21, 2011
- Advani tells BJP not to get demoralised by election defeat - Feb 19, 2010
- RSS justifies chief's statement on PM candidate (Lead, superseding previous story) - Jun 20, 2012
- RSS justifies chief's statement on prime ministerial candidate (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- BJP to focus on corruption, price rise at executive - Jan 08, 2011
- BJP bows to Modi, Joshi quits party (Roundup) - Jun 08, 2012
- RSS backs Narendra Modi as prime ministerial candidate - Jun 20, 2012
- Advani tells BJP not to be demoralised by poll defeat (Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- Neither Congress nor BJP has the people's mandate (Comment) - Apr 21, 2012
- RSS mouthpiece slams Modi - Jun 02, 2012
Tags: abbas, bhartiya janata party, bjp, cells, conclave, delegates, directions to the party, election strategy, general election, level leaders, lok sabha elections, lok sabha polls, mentor, nagpur, naqvi, national executive, party rank, rank and file, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, saturday and sunday