Bhardwaj confesses to have gunned down Rajbir SinghMarch 25th, 2008 - 6:26 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar 25 (ANI): The property dealer Vijay Bhardwaj has confessed to the Gurgaon Police Commissioner that he has gunned down Delhi Police encounter specialist, Rajbir Singh in Gurgaon.
48-year-old victim Rajbir Singh was ACP in Delhi Police’s Special Operations Squad and had been provided ‘Z’ category security cover.
Delhi Police spokesman Rajan Bhagat said, He (Rajbir Singh) was shot twice in the head from point blank range on Monday night. The incident took place in Bhardwaj’s office near Sukhrali village in Gurgaon in Haryana at around 10:30 pm. It is not confirmed whether the men guarding him were present when he was shot.
“The accused has surrendered and confessed to the crime. It appears that the dispute was over the profit both of them got in a property deal,” Gurgaon Police Commissioner Mohinder Lal said.
Bhardwaj claimed before the reporters, I owed some money to Singh and the officer had threatened to kill me. I wanted to commit suicide, but my family found the suicide letter and stopped me.
The Police Commissioner said Bhardwaj had allegedly procured the revolver three days ago from Singh and used the weapon to kill him.
A winner of five medals, including the President’s Police Medal for Gallantry, Singh was involved in the investigations into the Parliament and Red Fort attack cases.
The Assistant Commissioner of Police was transferred from the Crime Branch to Delhi Armed Police after allegations of his involvement in an illegal land deal last year. There were also allegations of his links with drug traffickers and land mafia.
The vigilance probe, however, gave him a clean chit and he returned to head the Special Operations Squad in November last year.
Rajbir Singh is survived by wife, son (14) and daughter (11). (ANI)
- No top Delhi cop at encounter specialist Rajbir Singh's funeral - Mar 25, 2008
- Gangster Munna Bajrangi suspected behind ACP Rajbir's murder held (Lead) - Oct 29, 2009
- 'Property, love, depression behind shooting spree' - Sep 08, 2012
- Encounter specialist ACP Rajbir Singh shot dead in Gurgaon - Mar 25, 2008
- Delhi Police constable commits suicide in Gurgaon - Jul 15, 2012
- Rajbir Singh killed by service revolver, murder was planned: Gurgaon Police - Mar 30, 2008
- ACP Rajbir murder suspect in hospital - Mar 29, 2008
- Suspect behind ACP Rajbir's murder arrested in Mumbai - Oct 29, 2009
- Youth beaten to death in West Delhi; 3 held - May 03, 2012
- Encounter specialist Rajbir Singh murdered in Gurgaon - Mar 25, 2008
- 718 security personnel conferred medals - Aug 14, 2010
- 'Encounter specialist' police officer shot dead - Mar 25, 2008
- Delhi policeman shot dead by property dealers - Sep 29, 2011
- Delhi's famed cop slain by friend - with revolver he gifted - Mar 25, 2008
- Delhi shooting: Second assailant dies - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: armed police, assistant commissioner, clean chit, commissioner of police, crime branch, delhi police, drug traffickers, gallantry, haryana, lal, mohinder, point blank range, police commissioner, police encounter, police medal, police spokesman, rajan, special operations, suicide letter, vigilance