Beijing man hits $90 mn jackpotJune 13th, 2012 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 13 (IANS) A man in Beijing has turned the biggest ever lottery winner in mainland China by winning a whopping 570 million yuan (about $90 million) in stakes, Shanghai Daily reported.
The unidentified man had bought 110 or 111 identical Double Color Ball tickets issued by China Welfare Lottery. His windfall’s exact amount can be confirmed when the man comes to claim the money, the report said.
China’s previous biggest lottery jackpot was 515 million yuan, won by an individual in Zhejiang province in June 2011.
A total of 117 top prizes were awarded in Tuesday’s draw.
- Chinese wins over $38.5 mn jackpot - Oct 07, 2010
- China's biggest jackpot win shrouded in mystery - Oct 21, 2009
- Chinese man wins 259 mn yuan in lottery - Aug 11, 2010
- Jackpot worth $2.5 mn goes unclaimed in China - Aug 01, 2011
- 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches record $500 million - Mar 29, 2012
- Britain's record jackpot winner to walk away with $180 mn - Oct 09, 2010
- Briton wins $98 mn lottery share - Jun 09, 2012
- Woman gets share of late lover's $5 mn lottery prize - May 31, 2011
- Winner still to collect $18 mn jackpot prize - Sep 16, 2010
- Chinese swindles over $474,000 with bank passwords - May 21, 2012
- Chinese hacker leaks data of six mn people - Mar 22, 2012
- Powerball winner hits jackpot and wins $230 million - Aug 11, 2011
- Briton scoops 148-mn-pound jackpot - Aug 11, 2012
- Mega millions jackpot split into two winners - Jan 05, 2011
- Lottery fever hits as 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches $540 million - Mar 30, 2012