Bees kill man at wife’s cremationSeptember 20th, 2009 - 2:25 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Sep 20 (IANS) A 50-year-old man died after being stung by a swarm of honeybees while he was cremating his wife in a Madhya Pradesh village, police said Sunday.
Jaam Singh Girdhan Barela died Saturday after the bee attack. The bees were disturbed after flames from the funeral pyre enveloped their nest in Naya Bilwa village in Khargone district, 330 km from here.
“While others fled, Barela could not as he was performing the rituals. He died following multiple stings,” a police officer said.
- Killer Honeybees Sting A Man To Death In Dougherty County - Oct 25, 2010
- Elderly man beaten to death in Rajasthan - Aug 11, 2011
- Dougherty County Man Curtis Davis Killed By Africanized "Killer Bees", Authorities Confirm - Oct 25, 2010
- Bee swarms make decisions like humans - Dec 11, 2011
- Wife, son held for murder of retired government official - Apr 02, 2011
- Arjun Singh's last rites performed in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 06, 2011
- Thousands attend Tikait's cremation - May 16, 2011
- A mass, a cremation...adieu Mario Miranda - Dec 12, 2011
- Swarm of bees stings dog to death - Jul 15, 2011
- Woman hanged, beaten, burnt on pyre - Oct 24, 2011
- Chinese men don 'honeybee suits' for show! - Nov 22, 2010
- Ailing man burns self on pyre - Oct 31, 2011
- Six people burnt to death in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 17, 2010
- Bees attack kills four Orissa kids - Sep 11, 2010
- Honeybees can give humans a lesson in democracy - Oct 03, 2010