Beckham and Led Zeppelin’’s Jimmy Page to close Beijing OlympicsAugust 14th, 2008 - 3:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug.14 (ANI): England football star David Beckham will star at the Olympics closing ceremony in Beijing as the handover to London 2012 gets under way.
The spectacular event on August 24 will also see Led Zeppelin’’s Jimmy Page performing a duet with pop star Leona Lewis.
And an incredible finale will feature Becks, 33, arriving on top of one of London’’s iconic red double-decker buses - before he kicks a football into the crowd to celebrate.
Hundreds of dancers from the UK will then perform ballet and break-dancing routines as the countdown to 2012 begins.
At the end of each Olympics, the next host puts on an eight-minute show.
Organisers have already confirmed that performers from the Royal Ballet and CandoCo, a disabled dance company, will join dancers from urban group ZooNation.
The cost for the segment, and a similar one held at the end of the Paralympic Games, will be up to two million pounds.(ANI)
- Beckham to star at Beijing closing ceremony - Aug 15, 2008
- Beckham, Paige and Beyonce for Olympics handover ceremony - Aug 23, 2008
- British Big Dance week announced to celebrate Olympics - May 15, 2012
- Closing ceremony of Olympics to feature all-star turnout - Aug 19, 2008
- Chinese leave the world dazed with brilliance on and off the field (LEAD) - Aug 25, 2008
- 12-week-long festival to herald in London Olympics - Jun 21, 2012
- Beckham, five young guns to bring Olympic Flame to UK - May 16, 2012
- London apologises to North Korea after flag blunder - Jul 26, 2012
- Britain to celebrate Paralympics with disabled festival - Aug 22, 2012
- London Paralympics Games organisers launch short film - Aug 27, 2010
- Beckham bends it for Indian girl at Olympic closing - Aug 25, 2008
- Paula Abdul Dance Show Premieres On CBS - Jan 05, 2011
- Three-day ballet festival opens at Kamani theatre - Mar 21, 2012
- Chris Brown to star in breakdance film - Oct 27, 2011
- Olympic rings launched on Thames - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: beijing olympics, dance company, david beckham, double decker buses, england football, football star, handover, jimmy page, led zeppelin, leona lewis, london 2012, olympics closing ceremony, organisers, paralympic games, pop star, royal ballet, spectacular event, star david, two million, urban group