Baisakhi recognises farmers’ contribution to nation: PMApril 12th, 2009 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Sunday greeted people on the occasion of Baisakhi and other harvest festivals, saying the occasion recognises farmers’ contribution to the progress of the nation.
“We must recognise the contribution of the hardwork and dedication of our farmers to the progress of the nation. May these festivals usher prosperity and happiness for all in the year ahead,” the prime minister said in his message.
He wished people on occasion of harvest festivals including Baisakhi, Mesadi, Vishu, Vaisakhadi and Bahag Bihu.
Baisakhi, to be celebrated Monday, marks the end of the wheat harvesting season.
- President, PM greet nation on Baisakhi (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- PM greets nation on Baisakhi, Vishu and Bihu - Apr 12, 2012
- PM greets nation on Vaisakhi, Bihu - Apr 13, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on harvest festivals (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Vishu, Rongali Bihu - Apr 13, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on 'Makar Sankranti', 'Pongal' (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- President, vice-president greet nation on Baisakhi - Apr 13, 2010
- Leaders greet people on Pongal, Sankranti - Jan 14, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Onam - Sep 08, 2011
- President, PM greet Nation on Vaisakhi - Apr 13, 2008
- President, PM greet nation on Dussehra, Durga Puja - Oct 05, 2011
- Songs and dances mark Assamese new year - Apr 14, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Janmashtami - Aug 09, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana celebrate Baisakhi with fervour - Apr 15, 2011
- Assamese community celebrates Bihu in Delhi - Apr 14, 2010
Tags: baisakhi, dedication, farmers, happiness, hardwork, harvest festivals, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, prosperity, recognises, vishu, wheat