Bahraini woman gives birth to sextupletsJune 23rd, 2008 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, June 23 (IANS) In what is believed to be the second case of its kind in Bahrain, a woman gave birth to sextuplets at a hospital in Manama. The Bahraini woman gave birth to three boys and three girls at the Salmaniya Medical Complex in the Bahraini capital after a 25-week pregnancy, the state-run Bahrain News Agency (BNA) reported.
The new-borns, weighing between 460 and 650 grams, were delivered by Caesarean section and were said to be in stable and fine condition.
Being premature, the babies have been put under intensive care at the neo-natal ward.
Their condition is being closely and constantly monitored by specialists to prevent potential complications, the head of the hospital’s obstetrics department told BNA.
- Born weighing 450 grams, baby girl survives - Jul 26, 2012
- Four of Bahraini sextuplets die, 2 critical - Jun 25, 2008
- Second abandoned infant found in Gurgaon in a week - Apr 18, 2012
- Texas woman gives birth to six babies - Apr 24, 2012
- After infant's death over Rs 200, Punjab makes neo-natal services free - Jul 27, 2012
- New-born baby boy found abandoned in Gurgaon - May 12, 2012
- Bahrain arrests 'leaders of strife' - Mar 18, 2011
- Link between low birth weight and H1N1 flu revealed - May 03, 2011
- Baby born with two heads in Brazil - Dec 21, 2011
- Public Hospital, medical staff drawn into Bahrain strife - Apr 13, 2011
- World's tiniest premature babies doing well - Dec 12, 2011
- Tripura woman gives birth to triplets - Jan 10, 2012
- Obesity-high blood sugar combo creates pregnancy risks - Apr 12, 2012
- Mom's voice perks up premature baby's condition - Mar 09, 2012
- 11-month boy stolen from Hyderabad hospital - Oct 26, 2010