Australian cat steals underwear from neighboursJuly 8th, 2010 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, July 8 (IANS) The owners of a cat in Australia have lodged a complaint with the police saying it has started stealing knickers and underwear from neighbours.
Peter and Birgitt Weismantel, residents of Southampton, adopted the cat named Oscar from a cat protection charity. But the 12-year-old cat soon started to bring home its stolen booty that included over 70 items like gardening gloves, ladies knickers, socks and children’s underwear, The Age reported.
As the stolen haul went up, Peter Weismantel, 72, became concerned that neighbours would think there was a thief operating in the area. So he contacted police to tell them about his pet’s “anti-social” behaviour.
“When we let him out in the garden, he started bringing back gardening gloves and bits of rubber gloves and then he went up market and started bringing back knickers. Then it began to escalate and I telephoned the police as people must have been missing clothes,” Weismantel was quoted as saying.
The cat has not stopped and “he’s still doing it now”, he said.
Weismantel said he does not know why the cat was doing it, but added: “We feel that he is bringing us presents as a token of appreciation, an offer to help pay his way.”
- Meet the moggy with a penchant for stealing knickers - Jul 09, 2010
- Christmas tree thief caught by trail of pine needles - Dec 20, 2011
- Meet the cat that just loves to steal undies! - Jan 26, 2009
- Thief spared jail so that he could feed his cat - Apr 18, 2011
- Kangaroo 'embarks on lingerie looting spree' in Prague - Aug 24, 2011
- Bradley Wiggins' training kit stolen from Surrey hotel - Aug 01, 2012
- Man kills four cats by smashing them on walls - Nov 26, 2011
- Brazilian masterminds art thefts from behind bars - Jul 17, 2012
- 500,000 bees stolen from Fraser Valley - Jul 31, 2012
- Missing cat pops out of car engine - Mar 23, 2012
- Stray cat gives birth in a tumble dryer - Jun 20, 2012
- Woman killed in row over goat (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- 37 artworks recovered 40 years after heist - Mar 09, 2012
- Charges Placed Against Facebook's Virtual Burglar In Italy - Oct 27, 2010
- Thief caught after jumping traffic signal in Delhi - May 28, 2012