Attitudes towards sex change in ChinaJune 9th, 2012 - 3:50 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 9 (IANS) As China develops socially and economically, the Chinese are becoming less likely to view sex as a taboo subject, the China Daily reported Saturday.
That tendency was evident at a sex cultural fair being held June 6-10 in Xi’an, capital of northwest China’s Shaanxi province.
Deng Jianfeng, project manager of the event, said the fair attracted more than 20,000 visitors on each of the first three days. About 70 percent were middle-aged and elderly people.
About 30 people lined up in the hot sunshine in front of the fair’s ticket office to buy admission to the event and obtain a free booklet titled “Knowledge About Sex”.
The fair presented an exhibition of ancient sexual artifacts, an exhibition of sexual arts and painting, a sexy lingerie show, an exhibition of ancient Chinese erotic pictures, seminars on sexual knowledge and an exhibition of nude photography, the daily said.
- Rare 1,100-year-old murals on display in China - Jun 21, 2011
- 2,000 years old Xi'an tomb unearthed to study Western Han Dynasty - Apr 09, 2011
- Chinese province steps up use of English - Feb 15, 2012
- China aims to become No. 1 tourist destination - Feb 20, 2011
- US returns seized ancient artifacts to China - Mar 12, 2011
- NY's museum exhibit traces history of erotic comic books and artists - Jan 16, 2011
- Chinese terracotta soldiers on an overseas visit - Aug 18, 2010
- Britons not having sex in rainy weather - Jul 21, 2012
- US tech firm to set up branch in Chinese city - Dec 23, 2011
- Being nude: Nothing unnatural about it (Feature) - Oct 23, 2011
- 3D erotic movie a hit in Hong Kong - Apr 21, 2011
- Chinese family gets compensation for forced abortion - Jul 11, 2012
- Chinese terra cotta army was robbed, burned - Jun 10, 2012
- Xi Jinping and fragility of Chinese politics (Comment) - Sep 19, 2012
- Forbidden art: Small band keeping erotic legacy alive (Feature) - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: admission, artifacts, attitudes, china beijing, china daily, deng, exhibition, free booklet, northwest china, nude photography, seminars, sex change, sexual knowledge, sexy lingerie, shaanxi province, sunshine, taboo subject, tendency, ticket office