Attacked by dog, man jumps off 60 feet bridgeAugust 12th, 2012 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 12 (IANS) A terrified man in Britain did not hesitate jumping off a 60 feet high bridge when he feared being mauled to death by an attacking dog.
Mohammed Ilyas came across the dog while walking across a footbridge in Birmingham city, The Sun reported.
The dog cornered him and was trying to eat his hands as he clung on to a barrier before jumping off the bridge over a dual carriageway, it said.
He broke both legs and fractured a thigh in the plunge as he landed in a ditch. He later said: “If I hadn’t jumped it would have killed me.
“It was terrifying, I thought the dog was going to tear me limb from limb. I’m 6ft 3in but it came to my stomach. It was a huge beast,” said Ilyas.
Police took three hours to capture the animal - which was finally sedated by a zoo vet shooting it with an elephant tranquiliser dart.
- Two tigers escape from Guwahati zoo, tranquilised later - Jan 30, 2010
- Sweeden's park where wolves killed Zookeeper now offers "wild encounters" to its visitors - Jun 19, 2012
- Leopard escapes from enclosure, injures two people - Mar 28, 2010
- Little boy saves father's life after bull attack - Jun 09, 2011
- Mum saves kids by pinning down attacking dog - Aug 24, 2011
- Humans mimic orang-utan moves in free running - Feb 27, 2012
- Dog 'Saira' has sex change - Dec 21, 2010
- Leopard strays into Himachal Pradesh house - Jan 20, 2009
- Gorilla on the run turns out to be charity runner! - Sep 26, 2009
- Leopard mauls croc keeper to death in China zoo - Jul 19, 2012
- Caged bear mauls girl in Russia - Aug 27, 2012
- Dogs maul girl to death in Haryana - Apr 27, 2012
- This veggie shark prefers celery to fish - May 20, 2012
- Bull Goes on the Run at Edinburgh Zoo - Sep 04, 2012
- Dog Tore Off Girl's Lip After it Heard Barking on her NintendoDS - Sep 29, 2010