Assumed dead, man wakes up at burial ground in OdhishaJuly 21st, 2012 - 1:59 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 21 (IANS) The burial of a 70-year-old man in Odisha turned into a celebration when he woke up hours after being assumed dead.
The bizarre incident occurred Friday at Singhanpur in Bargarh district, over 300 km from here.
Jaladhar Duduka was suffering from old age complications for the last few days and his condition had deteriorated. He was taken to the village burial ground by his relatives after they assumed he was dead.
The grandson of the man was surprised when Duduka’s hand started shaking when he attempted to lay him to rest, media reports said here Saturday.
The man was later examined by a doctor.
- BSF trooper killed in Odisha mine blast (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- Elderly man suffocates, six hospitalised - Jan 17, 2012
- Three killed as molasses tank bursts in Odisha - Jan 23, 2012
- Boy dies of heat stroke in Odisha - May 23, 2012
- Maoists kill 'police informer' - Jun 26, 2012
- 13 killed as train hits auto-rickshaw in Odisha (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Lottery scam: Five foreigners sent to judicial custody - Jul 17, 2012
- Six killed as train hits auto-rickshaw - Aug 24, 2012
- Maoists kill home guard in Odisha ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2012
- Orissa forest guard shot dead by Maoists - Sep 19, 2011
- Top Odisha Maoist leader held (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Investigating agency rules out rape in Pipili case - Mar 10, 2012
- Patnaik shocked at Odisha student's killing in US - Apr 21, 2012
- Odisha seeks special status - Nov 24, 2011
- Odisha gangrape victim dies in hospital - Jun 21, 2012