Archeologists uncover 4,000-year-old Macedonian writingDecember 30th, 2008 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI
Skopje (Macedonia), Dec 30 (ANI): Archaeologists in Macedonia have uncovered 4,000-year-old writing, which is the first trace of the old Macedonian language in the country.
According to a report by MINA (Montenegrin News Agency), the 4,000-year-old signs, written on the lid of the clay artifact, are considered as a monumental discovery, first of its kind and very important for the paleolinguistics.
Uncovered are the first traces of the old Macedonian language in the country, said Dr. Dushko Aleksovski, paleolinguistics professor and honorary president of the World Rock Art Academy.
This is a very rare artifact, the name of the Goddess Vesta is written on it. However, the first written name is Bsefa, which later became Vesta. This is the oldest artifact written in the old Macedonian language discovered on our territory, he added.
The discovery was made in central Macedonia, the precise location is being kept secret by the Government so the area doesnt get over run by archeological poachers looking for treasures and artifacts. (ANI)
- Janevksi replaces Toshack as Macedonia coach - Aug 23, 2012
- Macedonia arrests 20 murder suspects - May 02, 2012
- Kosovans' mass grave found in Macedonia - Jun 16, 2010
- Song dedicated to Osama on YouTube - Aug 19, 2010
- Italy unearths 2,000-year-old temple of 'virgin' Roman goddess - Nov 17, 2010
- Human head found near Assam's Kamakhya temple (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Temple dedicated to goddess of virgins, wild animals discovered - Nov 17, 2010
- NASA spacecraft beams back asteroid images - Dec 22, 2011
- City Museum depicting Hyderabad's history inaugurated - Mar 12, 2012
- Stone Age artifacts discovered in Nepal - Jan 11, 2011
- Alexander statue leads to controversy - Jun 22, 2011
- Bronze Age necropolis unearthed in Serbia - Jun 17, 2012
- Physicists use ion beams to detect art forgery - Jan 22, 2012
- Reports: NATO aircraft crashes near Skopje - May 04, 2010
- Large blast at Macedonian steel factory badly injures worker - May 04, 2010
Tags: archaeologists, art academy, artifacts, central macedonia, goddess, honorary president, macedonian language, montenegrin, monumental discovery, news agency, poachers, precise location, president of the world, rare artifact, signs, traces, vesta, world rock art