Apple’s iPad has 10-hour battery life, costs $499January 28th, 2010 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 28 (ANI): Apple’s much-awaited iPad-the tablet-style touchscreen personal computer- has finally been launched
Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced the company’s new iPad soon after he got a standing ovation from the crowd.
Jobs said that the device, which he called a “truly magical product,” could let users browse the Web, send e-mail, share photos, watch videos, listen to music, play games and read e-Books.
The “iPad is our most advanced technology in a magical & revolutionary device at an unbelievable price,” ABC News quoted the Apple CEO, as saying in a statement.
Like an iPhone, the iPad has a touch screen that zooms in and out of Web sites and a virtual keyboard.
It also orients to portrait or landscape viewing, depending on how you hold it.
The iPad will be half-an-inch thick and weigh in at 1.5 pounds. It will have a 9.7-inch display and include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
When Jobs said the PC will have a 10-hour battery life, applause burst from the audience.
And while analysts expected the device to cost between 800 dollars and 1000 dollars, Jobs shocked the crowd by saying: “I am thrilled to announce to you that the iPad pricing starts not at 999 dollars, but 499 dollars.”
Wi-Fi-only versions of the iPad cost 499 dollars for the 16BG model, 599 dollars for the 32 GB model and 699 dollars for the 64 GB model.
Devices equipped to run on ATnT’s wireless 3G network cost an extra 130 dollars and run from 629 dollars for the 16 GB model to 829 dollars for the 64GB model.
Jobs said that the iPads will ship in 60 days. It will run iPhone apps on the fullscreen and emphasize gaming.
He then continued on to show off the device’s talents as an e-reader.
Jobs also announced a new iBooks application that will allow iPad users to download books and publications from a wide range of partners, including Penguin, Harper Collins, Simon n Schuster and MacMillan. (ANI)
- Steve Jobs makes surprise appearance to unveil iPad2 - Mar 03, 2011
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
- Apple iPad available for Rs.27,900 in India - Jan 28, 2011
- Apple iPad's price is a hit with all - Jan 29, 2010
- iPad Price Sounds Like Music To Apple Product Lovers - Jan 28, 2010
- Galaxy Tab Price Unveiled By Verizon - Oct 21, 2010
- Apple's new iPad launched in India - Apr 27, 2012
- Apple iPad priced at $499 - Jan 28, 2010
- Apple iPad prices starting from $499 - Jan 28, 2010
- No frenzy crowds to buy BlackBerry tablet on launch - Apr 19, 2011
- Apple iPad 2 hits Indian market - Apr 29, 2011
- iPad Available in US on April 3 - Mar 05, 2010
- BlackBerry to sell tablet below $500 to undercut iPad sales - Nov 11, 2010
- Apple unveils long-awaited tablet device - Jan 28, 2010
- iPad to be available from the 3rd of April in US - Mar 05, 2010
Tags: 3g network, abc news, apple ceo, e books, e mail, e reader, harper collins, ipad, ipads, iphone, magical product, music play, new ibooks, revolutionary device, standing ovation, steve jobs, tablet style, unbelievable price, virtual keyboard, wireless 3g