Apple to unveil ”big screen” iPod touch?January 6th, 2009 - 4:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 6 (ANI): Rumours are abuzz that Apple may launch a ”big screen” version of its popular iPod touch device to make it even easier to surf the Internet and watch movies.
A report from Michael Arrington of TechCrunch, a popular technology industry blog, says that Apple has developed an iPod touch device with a 7- or 9-inch display.
Sources have told that blog that prototypes of the device are already being shown to Apples manufacturing partners in Asia, reports the Telegraph.
The gadget would enable users to listen to music, watch films and surf the Internet on a more comfortably sized screen than the 3.5in display currently used.
TechCrunch claims that Apple has been experimenting internally with large form tablet devices for year.
But there was concern that users wouldnt like the device, said Arrington, who now argues the time is right for such a gadget.
He says this is due in part to the success of the iTunes App Store, an online marketplace that allows people to download games and software for their iPhone or iPod touch.
Arrington said that a larger touch-screen would make the new iPod would be one heck of a device.
The prospect of a larger iPod touch has also been welcomed by analysts, who believe a more substantial gadget would allow Apple to compete directly with manufacturers of ultra-portable laptops, such as Acer.
Arringtons sources suggest that the larger iPod touch wont be officially unveiled until later this year. (ANI)
- TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington has left AOL - Sep 13, 2011
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Acer unveils dual-screen laptop - Nov 25, 2010
- Apple set to launch smaller, lighter iPod Nano - Sep 02, 2010
- The new iPod touch: practically a smartphone - Sep 19, 2010
- New iPod Nano Gets TouchScreen, Ditches Video Camera - Sep 02, 2010
- AOL Buys TechCrunch - Sep 29, 2010
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Apple Rumors Circulating In The Web Before Mega Event - Sep 01, 2010
- Apple stock reaches all-time high, Google within striking distance - Dec 25, 2009
- Blackberry unveils Playbook Tablet - Sep 28, 2010
- Mobile phone remote that can be worn on the wrist - Oct 03, 2010
- Apple working on universal touchscreen remote - Jan 27, 2012
- Apple iPhone 5 connector to make accessories obsolete - Jul 23, 2012
- Users Sue Apple For Overheating iPads - Jul 29, 2010
Tags: apple, apples, gadget, heck, iphone, ipod touch, itunes, laptops, london jan, manufacturing partners, michael arrington, music watch, new ipod, prototypes, rumours, techcrunch, technology industry, telegraph, touch screen, watch films