Another round of pulse polio campaign launchedJuly 5th, 2008 - 4:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit launched another round of the Pulse Polio campaign in the national capital by giving anti-polio drops to children at her home Saturday morning. The fresh round of the Pulse Polio Immunization Programme will be launched publicly Sunday.
Dikshit said: “Being pioneer in the pulse polio programme, Delhi is regarded as a role model and it would continue to strive hard to eliminate polio. It would be ensured that no virus of polio enters territory of Delhi.”
“For making a strong nation, we must have strong children, which would only be possible with success of the polio programme,” she said.
Delhi initiated the pulse polio immunisation programme in 1994 and launched house-to-house search and immunisation in 1999.
The chief minister complimented officials of the health department for their efforts in overcoming the threat of the disease in the national capital.
She also exhorted parents to bring their children up to five years of age for immunization at polio booths.
Around 30,000 workers and employees of the health department would be deployed at 7,500 polio booths Sunday to administer the polio vaccine to children of 0-5 age group.
The stalls would also be installed at railway stations, inter state bus terminals, public places including Appu Ghar, major temples, metro stations, Millennium Park, zoo and at McDonalds outlets.
Besides, around 17,000 workers in 8,600 teams would visit different colonies including slum and JJ clusters to search for leftover cases and administer polio drops to the children there.
- Another round of pulse polio campaign launched in Delhi - Mar 26, 2011
- Over 17 crore kids get polio vaccine - Feb 19, 2012
- 372 polio cases in India, fresh immunisation round in Delhi - Aug 30, 2008
- Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit launches new round of campaign to eliminate polio - Nov 13, 2010
- A million Pakistani kids to get anti-polio drops - Jul 16, 2012
- Any new polio cases to be public health emergency: Azad - Feb 18, 2012
- 40 children down with fever after taking polio drops in Aurangabad - Nov 22, 2010
- Two held in Pakistan for refusing polio drops - Sep 21, 2011
- President Patil launches 2011 'Pulse Polio' campaign - Jan 22, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to have special polio drive for migrants' children - Dec 10, 2011
- Polio cases drop significantly, new campaign launched - Jan 22, 2011
- Over 2.5 million Delhi kids to get polio drops Sunday - May 31, 2008
- Families refuse polio drops in Bihar - Sep 21, 2011
- Over five lakh Pakistani kids to get polio drops - Nov 04, 2010
- A year of no polio: India triumphs, but risks remains (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: booths, bus terminals, chief minister, health department, inter state, mcdonalds, metro stations, millennium park, park zoo, polio, polio campaign, polio immunisation, polio immunization, polio vaccine, pulse polio, railway stations, role model, saturday morning, sheila dikshit, slum