Anorexic Australian twins die in house fireAugust 28th, 2012 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 28 (IANS) Two Australian identical twin sisters who drew public attention due to their desperate battle with anorexia, have died in a house fire, Daily Mail reported Tuesday.
Clare and Rachel Wallmeyer, 42, were killed after a fire broke out in their home in the port city of Geelong, near Melbourne, one perishing in the flames, the other succumbing to severe burns on way to hospital.
It was a tragic end to the two turbulent lives, for the sisters had appeared on Australian TV several times to talk about the anorexia which had turned both into virtual living skeletons.
The couple had revealed that they had never been in love, never had a job and they believed that it was only a matter of time before they died and they would die together.
Their death by fire is believed to have been accidental, according to detectives from the Geelong Crime Investigation Unit who said that initial checks did not reveal any suspicious activity.
Over the years, there had been some reports that each one of them was trying to kill one another.
Rachel, one of the two sisters, was initially charged with the attempted murder of Clare after police, who were called to their home, claimed they witnessed Rachel with her hands locked around her sister’s throat.
The charge, however, was later withdrawn.
- Anorexia nervosa 'causes potentially serious eye damage' - Oct 20, 2010
- 'Voodoo sex ceremony' sparked deadly Brooklyn blaze - Feb 27, 2011
- Laila Khan murder: Tak's police custody extended (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Australian teenager held for killing Indian - Jun 17, 2010
- Thousands of skeletons found in London pit - Aug 06, 2012
- Remains of medieval British monarch unearthed? - Sep 12, 2012
- 32 die as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- 31 convicted, 63 acquitted for Godhra train burning (Roundup) - Feb 22, 2011
- Oz teenager pleads guilty of being accessory to murder of Indian student Nitin Garg - Oct 22, 2010
- Murder saga resolved with discovery of six skeletons (Third Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- New discovery allows electricity to be used to extinguish fires - Mar 28, 2011
- British parents held over six kids' death in blaze - May 30, 2012
- Fake account of Murdoch's wife Wendi Deng fools Twitter - Jan 04, 2012
- IIT student suspected in murder to be taken to court - Oct 26, 2009
- Of stories of bravery and courage at the crash site - May 26, 2011
Tags: anorexia, anorexic australian twins, attempted murder, australian tv, clare and rachel wallmeyer, crime investigation, daily mail, death by fire, desperate battle, detectives, geelong, investigation unit, matter of time, public attention, severe burns, skeletons, suspicious activity, turbulent lives, twin sisters, two sisters