An age suit that transforms wearer into a 74-year-old!March 27th, 2011 - 2:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 27 (ANI): Researchers at MIT’s Age Lab have designed a suit to transform someone into a 74-year-old to understand the effects ageing has on the body.
While many companies focus their attention on staving off the ageing process, this one has decided it was time to focus on making things easier when the eventuality of old age finally comes.
“We’re not the first generation to get old, but we’re the first generation to have greater expectation that old age could be better. Technology has helped us live longer; now we want to live better,” the Daily Mail quoted director of MIT Joseph Coughlin as saying.
He has developed the age suit, called AGNES - Age Gain Now Empathy System - to help businesses reinvent their products and services in order to help older people live better and more comfortable lives.
The suit consists of bands and a pelvic harness to restrict movement, rubber gloves to decrease hand sensitivity, padded shoes to affect your balance, a neck brace and helmet which stimulates spinal compression and goggles to blur vision.
The suit makes everything difficult, even everyday, mundane activities like shopping, bending over, cooking and driving. (ANI)
- Scientists develop toothy way to treat spinal injuries - Dec 04, 2011
- Scientists focus on human cells for spinal cord injury repair - Mar 03, 2011
- Artificial way to grow stem cells discovered - Aug 23, 2010
- Indian firm gets Gates Foundation grant for `eToilet' - Aug 16, 2012
- New research could improve spinal cord injury treatment - Mar 23, 2011
- Motorcycle helmets 'cut risk of spine injuries after collisions' - Feb 10, 2011
- Tempt us not, Lady, blurred are our glasses - Aug 11, 2012
- A family that plays together really does stay together - Feb 15, 2011
- World's oldest man dies in America at 114 - Apr 15, 2011
- Lowly yoghurt could boost male virility too - May 09, 2012
- Awareness and empathy can embolden Autistic people (April 2 is World Autism Day) - Apr 01, 2012
- Women's most important life goal is being independent, study says - Oct 18, 2010
- Fuel cells developed that may help paralysed move - Jun 14, 2012
- Facebook, Twitter demeaning human values: Scientist - Jan 24, 2011
- Rock music facing tough time: Foreigner's Mick Jones (Interview) - Feb 13, 2011