Amy Winehouse under surveillance after suicide attemptOctober 6th, 2008 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 6 (ANI): Troubled singer Amy Winehouse has been kept on a watch after she tried to kill herself with a knife in front of pals.
The attempt to take her own life arose after her husband Blake Fielder-Civil, 26, turned down a chance for early parole from prison, putting friends and family members on the alert.
The 25-year-old singer had earlier told her pals that it was her destiny to die young just like her Sex Pistols idol Sid Vicious, who died at the age of 21 from a heroin overdose.
A source revealed that the Rehab singer held the knife to her chest in front of her friends and said: What is the point of living?
Amy said she was caught up in a nightmare, the Daily Star quoted a source as saying.
Her friends managed to get the knife away from her but are now holding a 24-hour watch on her.
Amy has a death wish. Her emotions are exaggerated. She is either high as a kite or, when she hears something she doesnt like, shes suicidal.
She is all for this stupid Sid Vicious notion of dying young. She is not scared of it and believes its her destiny, the source added.
Fielder-Civil had last month been told by prison bosses that he could leave Edmunds Hill Prison in Suffolk if he agreed to stay with his mother in Nottingham, and stick to a 7pm curfew.
However, he refused because he was desperate to return to Winehouse at their home in Camden, north London.
He does not want to go somewhere where he cant be reunited with Amy, another source said. (ANI)
- Winehouse's ex-hubby collapses on hearing of her death - Jul 25, 2011
- Reg Traviss devastated after Winehouse's death - Aug 08, 2011
- Amy Winehouse 'fears' her ex will reveal 'their secrets' in songs - Mar 25, 2011
- Blake charged Winehouse 150 pounds a kiss - Sep 06, 2011
- Winehouse bought crack cocaine before death, says peddler - Aug 01, 2011
- Blake Fielder-Civil planning book on Winheouse ? - Aug 11, 2011
- The real reason behind Amy Winehouse-Blake Fielder-Civil meeting - Dec 13, 2009
- Winehouse's ex-husband desperate to come back - Jun 27, 2010
- Amy Winehouse found dead at London home (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Amy Winehouse 'asks new lover to move into her London home' - Jun 25, 2010
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Winehouse 'plans to move ex-hubby into multi-million pound pad' - Apr 19, 2010
- Trouble in Winehouse, Fielder-Civil's paradise - Apr 11, 2010
- Winehouse to take off for second honeymoon - Apr 26, 2010
- Amy Winehouse spotted with new man - Jun 02, 2010
Tags: amy winehouse, blake fielder civil, daily star, destiny, emotions, family members, friends and family, heroin overdose, high as a kite, hour watch, nightmare, north london, notion, nottingham, pals, sex pistols, sid vicious, suicide attempt, surveillance