AMU professor wins prestigious UK fellowshipAugust 6th, 2008 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 6 (IANS) Aligarh Muslim University professor Jamal Ahmad has bagged the prestigious fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians (London), a university official said Wednesday. Ahmad is a faculty with the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, which is affiliated to AMU.
“Ahmad, an expert in endocrinology and internal medicine, writes extensively in reputed medical research journals of the world,” AMU spokesperson Rahat Abrar told IANS on phone.
Ahmad, who has already published 110 research papers, is presently working on various projects being sponsored by the Department of Science & Technology, Indian Council of Medical Research, University Grants Commission, and the US-based pharmaceuticals major Eli Lilly and Company, among others, said Abrar.
- Diabetes has reached epidemic proportions in India, says expert (Nov 14 is World Diabetes Day) - Nov 13, 2010
- Rs.3 crore to Aligarh university for hockey turf - Oct 13, 2010
- Website with 'largest digitization work' launched at AMU - Apr 30, 2010
- Rs.3.90 cr for Aligarh university hocky-turf (Lead) - Oct 13, 2010
- Aligarh Muslim University teacher bags US fellowship - Jun 12, 2008
- AMU signs MoU with George Washington University - Feb 17, 2010
- Separate AMU union for girls - Sep 02, 2012
- Plea against Aligarh Muslim University centres dismissed - Oct 08, 2010
- AMU restores Hyderabad as centre for MBBS exam - Apr 30, 2010
- AMU to start religious counselling for students - Mar 29, 2010
- Malaysia-India can enhance world economy: Minister - Nov 01, 2011
- Pranab assures all help to AMU's new centres - Jun 13, 2011
- AMU seeks help against radioactive source - Jul 05, 2010
- AMU teacher receives Scientist of the Year Award-2009 - Dec 30, 2009
- AMU lodges FIR against 27 for using unfair means - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: aligarh muslim university, amu, college of physicians, eli lilly, eli lilly and company, endocrinology, internal medicine, jamal ahmad, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru medical college, lilly and company, lucknow, medical research journals, prestigious fellowship, research papers, royal college of physicians, royal college of physicians london, spokesperson, university grants commission, university professor