AMU professor nominated for 1.5 mn dollars Zayed Future Energy PrizeAugust 4th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by ANI
Abu Dhabi, Aug 4 (ANI): Professor Hamid Ali of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has been nominated for the first Zayed Future Energy Prize (ZFEP).
Hamid Ali of Petroleum Studies Department at AMU is the first person to be nominated for the award named after UAEs founding father, the late Shaikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
The winner and finalists of the prize will be announced at the upcoming World Future Energy Summit to be held on January 19, 2009.
The winner of Zayed Future Energy Prize will receive 1.5 million dollars and two additional finalists will be awarded 350,000 dollars to take their ideas and ambitions forward.
The award honours individuals and organizations for their excellence in the innovation, development and implementation of sustainable energy solutions.
The Zayed Future Energy Prize will be awarded to three individuals or organizations that have made significant contributions in the global response to the future of energy.
The award is named after UAE founding father Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan who fostered the UAE’’s commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility.
Finalists and winners will be chosen by a jury composed of the world’’s leading experts in future energy and the mitigation of climate change.
Dr. R.K. Pachauri, chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for raising public awareness about climate change while establishing measures to counter that change, will chair the jury. (ANI)
- 60 countries file nominations for Zayed Future Energy Prize - Sep 01, 2009
- Over 160 nominations filed for new UAE global energy award - Aug 28, 2008
- Abu Dhabi hosts energy summit - Jan 21, 2012
- Indian-born UK economist wins Zayed International Prize for environment - Mar 05, 2011
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE hails Nazarbayev's idea to modernise Muslim World - Jun 08, 2011
- Sharjah ruler undergoes surgery in Paris - Dec 01, 2011
- World Future Energy Summit opens in Abu Dhabi - Jan 18, 2011
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- 150,000 people have iftar at UAE mosque - Aug 05, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- China, UAE discuss ways to boost ties - Oct 23, 2010
- UAE foreign minister visits Iraq - Feb 17, 2012
- UAE foreign minister to visit India - May 16, 2012
Tags: aligarh muslim university, amu, award honours, energy summit, environmental responsibility, father sheikh, founding father, future energy, global response, innovation development, intergovernmental panel on climate change, mitigation, nobel peace prize, petroleum studies, professor hamid, raising public awareness, shaikh zayed bin sultan, sustainable energy solutions, zayed bin sultan, zayed bin sultan al nahyan