Amitabh Bachchan recuperating in Mumbai hospital (Third Lead)October 11th, 2008 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 11 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, who was admitted to a hospital here Saturday following abdominal pain, was recuperating after being treated for the condition, according to a health statement.Bachchan, who turned 66 Saturday, was admitted to Lilavati Hospital in the afternoon “with the history of abdominal pain, which has been relieved by medicine”, the hospital statement said.
“It is being investigated by a team of doctors and the reports will be available by the coming morning (Sunday),” the statement read.
Bachchan, who was in the midst of his birthday celebrations at his bungalow Pratiksha in Juhu, was rushed to the Nanavati Hospital early afternoon after complaining of abdominal pain and breathlessness.
He was then shifted to the Lilavati Hospital where he continues to be under observation. Bachchan was being treated in the suite number 1101 on the 11th floor of the hospital.
The megastar “has undergone blood investigation and CT of the abdomin, reports of which are awaited”, the statement said, adding further treatment will be decided on the basis of the reports.
However, the statement didn’t divulge any more details, “appreciating the privacy of the patient”.
Unofficial sources indicated that he might be required to spend at least a couple of days in the hospital.
Bachchan had been experiencing abdominal uneasiness since late Friday night.
His wife Jaya, daughter Shweta Nanda, son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya were attending the senior Bachchan in the hospital.
Meanwhile, Reliance ADAG head Anil Ambani and Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh were among the large number of people who visited the hospital to enquire after Bachchan’s health.
- Amitabh Bachchan's tests are normal, will go home soon, says doctor - Oct 12, 2008
- On birthday, Amitabh Bachchan hospitalised, under observation (Second Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Amitabh Bachchan now on liquid diet, shows improvement - Oct 15, 2008
- Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soon - Feb 20, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan rushed to second hospital on birthday (Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Amitabh shows 'definite' improvement, say doctors - Oct 14, 2008
- Jaya, Shweta take care of Big B - Feb 15, 2012
- Fresh medical issues have come up: Big B - Feb 16, 2012
- Bollywood has Rs.1 riding on Big B - Oct 12, 2008
- Abhishek on dad's health: 'Mard ko dard nahin hota' (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan 'counted' in Census - May 11, 2010
- I am better, says Amitabh - Feb 15, 2012
- Birju Maharaj prayed for Amitabh during concert: Bhansali - Oct 13, 2008
- Amitabh Bachchan ill again, may undergo CT-scan - Apr 10, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna to stay few more days in hospital - Jun 26, 2012