Americans want to stay busy, even if what they do is trivialApril 30th, 2011 - 12:57 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 30 (ANI): Americans don’t really care so much about what they’re doing, just as long as they are doing something, suggests a new research.
Author Dolores Albarracin of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign says she started paying attention to people’s different levels of activity in various countries and saw how much busier people are in the US relative to other areas.
“People have this inclination to do more, even if what they do is trivial,” Albarracin said.
Many psychologists have “the idea that people have these highly specific goals, but quite often some significant proportion of our time is engaged in this global level-we want to do something, but what we do ends up not mattering much.
You could end up with productive behavior, like work, or impulsive behavior, like drug use,” she added.
The study was recently published in Current Directions in Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science. (ANI)
- Ask 'Will I' instead of saying 'I Will' - May 29, 2010
- Misplaced motivation could bring on failures - Mar 15, 2012
- How you can help yourself - May 29, 2010
- Feeling good about country linked to well being - Feb 10, 2011
- Harmful estrogens persist in dairy wastewater - Jun 06, 2012
- Infertile woman and her partner feel defeated, alone - Apr 10, 2010
- Modified bone drug kills malaria parasite - Feb 28, 2012
- Highly motivated individuals more likely to succeed - Jan 20, 2010
- Study: More parents are 'redshirting' their kids these days - Sep 06, 2010
- 'Study of interest profile better way to chose employee' - Jul 06, 2012
- The country where you live can have a big impact on your life - Feb 10, 2011
- Do you really know your best friend? - Mar 26, 2011
- Why do women prefer crime stories? - Jan 15, 2010
- World's most powerful supercomputer to be unveiled in 2011 - Apr 28, 2010
- Cutting fat, calories 'can reduce cancer risk in dogs and humans' - Jul 24, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,