Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline)July 9th, 2012 - 11:41 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 9 (IANS) An Air India flight bound for New Delhi from Abu Dhabi with 122 passengers and six crew members made an emergency landing in Pakistan early Monday due to what is being called a technical fault. All on board were reported safe.
The carrier said a relief aircraft would be sent to Nawabshah airport in Pakistan’s Sindh province to bring those on board back by afternoon.
The Abu Dhabi-New Delhi flight AI-940, which originated from Bahrain, was forced to make the landing after a hydraulic failure warning, an airline official said.
As a precautionary measure, the flight — scheduled to arrive at 5.15 a.m. in Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport — made the landing at the Pakistani airport, the official added.
“All passengers and crew members are safe. There is no cause for worry.”
A technical team, which will also go on the rescue flight, will investigate the causes that resulted in the hydraulic warning getting activated in the aircraft.
- Special plane with stranded passengers reaches Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Emergency landing: India in touch with mission in Pakistan - Jul 09, 2012
- Stranded Air India passengers to land in Delhi by 3 p.m. (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Air India passengers relieved to get home, some miffed with Pakistan - Jul 09, 2012
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's help but passengers miffed (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's cooperation (Evening Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Krishna thanks Pakistan for help to Indian passengers - Jul 10, 2012
- SpiceJet makes precautionary landing at Mumbai airport - Apr 13, 2012
- Spicejet flight makes precautionary landing - Apr 13, 2012
- Tyre burst in Air India flight - Aug 14, 2011
- AI Bhubaneswar flight makes precautionary landing in Kolkata - Jun 18, 2012
- Emergency landing: Pakistani dailies laud lack of stuffy protocol - Jul 12, 2012
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Delhi - Sep 10, 2009
- Air India flight makes emergency landing - Aug 30, 2011
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing at Jammu - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, air india, air india flight, airline official, crew members, early monday, emergency landing, hydraulic failure, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, mumbai, New Delhi, pakistan, precautionary measure, rescue flight, sindh province, technical fault