AIIMS like health care institute set up in ShillongDecember 12th, 2008 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 12 (IANS) A medical institute similar to AIIMS has been established for providing advanced specialised health care in Shillong.The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) is a 500 bed referral hospital with 35 teaching departments at postgraduate level in various specialities and super specialities.
A 50-seat nursing college and undergraduate MBBS college is already functioning in the institute.
Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Panabaka Lakshmi Friday told the Rajya Sabha that Rs.1,266.38 crore has been allocated for the institute in the 11th Plan.
“During the year 2008-09, Rs.59 crore (Rs.590 million) has been allocated, of which an amount of Rs.15 crore (Rs.150 million) has been released,” Lakshmi said.
- MBBS students call off agitation in Meghalaya - Jul 05, 2011
- With Rs.1,100 crore, AIIMS bags highest budget share - Mar 16, 2012
- Medical students in Shillong back to classes after stir - Jul 05, 2011
- AIIMS gets Rs.1,000 crore in budget - Feb 28, 2011
- Sonia inaugurates elite health institute in Shillong - Mar 05, 2010
- AIIMS paper leak case: Another doctor arrested - Jul 17, 2012
- Firms to get impetus to set up hospitals in northeast - Mar 05, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi inaugurates super specialty hospital in Shillong (Lead) - Mar 05, 2010
- MCI moots reforms in medical courses, exams - Mar 30, 2011
- Rural India is short of 16,000 doctors - Mar 09, 2011
- SC permits online counselling for undergraduate medical students (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Incentive for fast completion of AIIMS-like hospitals - Nov 16, 2009
- Five mental clinics to come up in Jammu region - Jul 02, 2012
- A council for human resource in health soon: PM(Lead) - Oct 01, 2010
- Top medical colleges lose out substantially - Feb 26, 2010