After 18 kids in 21 years, woman plans 19thJune 18th, 2009 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Tel Aviv, June 18 (DPA) An Israeli woman in her mid-40s has given birth to her 18th child in 21 years, accumulating a combined total of 14 years pregnancy, and she and her husband are planning their 19th, Israeli media reported Thursday.
The ultra-Orthodox couple have 12 boys and six girls. The most recent was born Wednesday, one week after the oldest child celebrated her 21st birthday.
“I cannot say I was as moved as I was with the first child, but each baby brings with it its own excitement and blessing,” the woman explained.
She said, perhaps not surprisingly, that since she has been visiting the delivery room at Kaplan hospital, in the city of Rehovot, for 21 years, “I feel part of the staff.”
Ultra-Orthodox Jews regard birth control as a sin.
- Israeli rabbis to issue an edict to clamp down on 'burka' - Jul 31, 2010
- Will Pamela Anderson's sex appeal help pass anti-fur law in Israel? - Nov 08, 2010
- Majority of Israelis dissatisfied with Netanyahu - Aug 02, 2012
- Pammi wants Israel's ultra-orthodox men to go topless! - Nov 08, 2010
- Delhi's Chabad House closed for non-Israelis - Feb 14, 2012
- Israeli military can be 'swept aside' by Iran: US analyst - Jul 11, 2012
- India seeks to strengthen relations with Israel (With Image) - Apr 06, 2012
- Israel buries six victims of Mumbai terror attack (Roundup) - Dec 03, 2008
- 61 years old woman becomes pregnant in Brazil - Sep 26, 2011
- US great-great-grandmother named world's oldest living person at 114 - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Cuisines give Indians distinct regional identities' - Sep 27, 2011
- Childhood obesity linked to bladder, urinary cancer - Jul 24, 2012
- Mexican woman with nine babies a fraud, say doctors - May 01, 2012
- Israeli victim saw Delhi bomber - Feb 14, 2012
- Kerala Jews come to relive past, as present fades - Dec 02, 2010