African tribesmen steal lions’ lunchJuly 11th, 2012 - 12:17 am ICT by IANS
London, July 10 (IANS) A dramatic video shows how three African tribesmen snatched a chunk of meat from a pride of lions, the Daily Mail reported Tuesday.
Incredibly, tribespeople in Africa are now regularly stealing food from packs of lions, as these three hungry men demonstrate.
Their hunt for dinner begins by finding the tracks of a lion pride on the hunt for food.
The oldest member of the group - at 65 - leads the way, and it’s not long before they come across the signs of a fresh kill.
In images which would otherwise terrify most of us, the trio soon stumble across 15 lions tearing into a dead wildebeest.
But instead of making a sharp exit, the men - who are massively outnumbered by one of the world’s most feared predators - begin to plan their attack.
Acting as one to hopefully intimidate the pack, the trio all stand up together and confidently walk towards the lions, according to the Mail.
As the men get closer to the dead animal, all of the lions disperse and instead watch eagerly from the fringes. Within seconds, the men strip the dead wildebeest of its meat.
- Climate change hits tigers, polar bears the hardest - Nov 25, 2010
- Jack Russel chases terrified mountain lion up a tree in US - Nov 14, 2010
- Texas restaurant to forgo plan to serve lion-meat tacos after threats - Jan 26, 2011
- Neanderthals feasted on lions - Jun 08, 2010
- Secret behind Ranveer's six-pack (Movie Snippets) - Nov 15, 2011
- Tigers, polar bears 'more vulnerable to environmental change' - Nov 24, 2010
- A hot steak dinner could cool your man - Nov 09, 2010
- British couple's home robbed six times - Aug 20, 2012
- Dinosaur herd migrated over huge distances - Oct 27, 2011
- Nancy Dell'Olio loses court action against the Daily Mail - Dec 21, 2011
- Taliban publicly execute three 'US spies' in North Waziristan - Nov 08, 2010
- Bryan Mazon's restaurant offers lion tacos - Jan 20, 2011
- Kenya seizes Nigeria-bound 600 kg illegal ivory - Jun 23, 2012
- Scientists Warn Of Hungry Bears At Yellowstone - Aug 23, 2010
- Altruism varies under different conditions - May 01, 2012