Academics attempt to solve ”do gentlemen really prefer blondes” mysteryJanuary 14th, 2009 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 14 (ANI): Scientists in Paris are participating in a conference to settle an age-old question: do gentlemen really prefer blondes?
The high-brow academic debate on whether men really do prefer blondes is to be held at Paris’’s prestigious Sorbonne University.
The conference - called Gentlemen prefer Blondes - will also explore why men are said to believe that it is easier to seduce a fair-haired woman.
During a series of erudite talks, experts in literature, art, music and film will examine the male fascination with fair-haired women, delve into stereotypes such as it is easier to seduce a blonde, and see whether they stand up to academic scrutiny, reports the Telegraph.
“Blondness awakens desire, probably because of the ambivalence it carries, from innocence to perversion, ” said organiser Marie-Camille Bouchindomme.
Bouchindomme said that there was no doubt that fair hair and desire were inextricably linked.
“Blonde hair is an attribute of Venus, the goddess of carnal love, whose hair is sometimes the final rampart against her modesty,” she said.
“Blonde women seem to invite transgression, and thus erotism,” she added.
Debate will also focus on the numerous film directors, including Alfred Hitchcock, David Lynch and Brian De Palma, who have been fascinated, not to say obsessed with blondes.
Blondes in paintings by masters like Titian and Botticelli will be examined, while one session will compare different versions of the song Diamonds Are a Girl’’s Best Friend - from Marilyn to Madonna. (ANI)
- Demand for blonde hair dye in Britain signals end of recession - Aug 18, 2010
- Blondes banned from museum's Viking exhibition - May 23, 2009
- Tiger Woods gets new blonde girlfriend - May 24, 2010
- Young Folks Crave Self-Esteem Even More Than Sexual Activities, As Per A New Psychological Study - Jan 12, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson dyes hair for film promotion - Dec 05, 2008
- Powerful fragrances work better in winter: Tom Ford - Dec 31, 2011
- Government disowns remarks on gays (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Olivia Wilde prefers natural look - Apr 28, 2012
- Marilyn Monroe is Longoria's style icon - Jun 24, 2012
- Hollywood starlet Jane Russell dies aged 89 - Mar 01, 2011
- Legendary actress Jane Russell dies at age 89 - Mar 01, 2011
- Peter Andre upset with daughter's straightened hair - Feb 02, 2011
- Sex Is Important Even For Old Men Aged 70 to 95 - Dec 08, 2010
- 450-year-old Titian painting sells for record $16.9m at NY auction - Jan 28, 2011
- Emma Stone likes being redhead - May 13, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,