A royal scratch that would cost her $29,800February 8th, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 8 (IANS) That’s a scratch that will cost her dear, and she feared much more. But a woman in China is “relieved” she would have to pay only 188,000 yuan ($29,800) for a tiny-winy scratch her car caused to a Rolls-Royce.
The woman surnamed Zhu hit the luxury sedan with her Honda Accord in Zhejiang province Jan 31, the Shanghai Daily reported citing a media report.
Though the accident caused only a small scratch on the Rolls-Royce’s door and a slight damage to one of its wheels, a friend of its owner at the site started claiming that it would take 2 million yuan to repair. It shocked Zhu.
Since the Rolls-Royce was insured in Shanghai, both the car owners and the representatives of their insurance companies met in a Shanghai auto repair shop Monday and amicably settled the damage-price.
Zhu has taken a sigh of relief that the scratch will lighten her purse by “only” 188,000 yuan.
- Chinese swindles over $474,000 with bank passwords - May 21, 2012
- Rolls-Royce returns to the city of Nizams - Dec 07, 2011
- Indian Maharajah's Rolls-Royce up for sale at 850,000 pounds - Apr 12, 2011
- Rolls-Royce bags $12.6-mn Indian order for buoy vessel - Aug 22, 2012
- Udaipur's vintage Rolls-Royce wins US trophy (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Kate Middleton to arrive at wedding venue in car damaged by protests - Mar 22, 2011
- Rolls-Royce unveils latest model - Oct 05, 2011
- Kate Middleton gets Jaguar fleet for wedding ceremony - Mar 20, 2011
- Rolls Royce opens office in Abu Dhabi - Dec 13, 2011
- Licence plates costlier than cars in China - Feb 20, 2012
- Simple coating to keep you car clean for ages - Jul 20, 2012
- Lady Gaga gifts Rolls-Royce to parents - May 24, 2010
- 2010 Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe Now At Reduced Price - Jun 23, 2010
- Rolls-Royce, HAL setting up aero engines production facility - Dec 07, 2011
- After all clear, Qantas to resume A380 flights to US - Jan 12, 2011